I'm Almost Finished!!

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 11:00am by Tartacadabra

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:15am
post #1 of 3

With my first cake that is not for family!!! icon_biggrin.gif It is a two tiered 8" and 6" rounds. Devils Food cake with a chocolate mousse and toffee filling iced in BC. I did white with white swirls on both tiers and it has an aqua fondant plaque with a monogramed "H" in white and the plaque is surronded with yellow fondant beads. (I know this combo sounds funny but it is here wedding colors.) All I have to do is put the tiers together and put on the bottom borders in the morning!!!

This is my first tiered cake and the first cake I have made that wasn't a character cake covered in stars, unless you count my crappy practice cake that i don't even want to get into!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Who ever Melvira is I could kiss her! Her method for smoothing BC is so easy and works great!. I tried the Viva method also but melvira's was alot easier and quicker and actually worked alot better IMO.

I'm so happy to almost be done. My one question is

I have to refrigerate my cake because of the filling and have already put on my fondant accents. It won't mess up my cake by putting it into the fridge will it?

2 replies
button-moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
button-moon Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 9:18am
post #2 of 3

sorry i have no idea...but i hope not coz mine is in the fridge at the minute. i have kept it cool because of the buttercream, but i have a fondant figure on the top....lets hope it doesnt ruin it! icon_wink.gif

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 11:00am
post #3 of 3

Just some decorations on it will be fine! I have to say that I put the fridge temp a bit lower if I put my cakes with fondant in it, of course not too low for the frigde-needed filling icon_wink.gif

Good luck and by the way your cake sounds delicious!!!! and really pretty too!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%