Paint Instead Of Royal Icing

Decorating By dinahsaur74 Updated 24 Aug 2007 , 9:14pm by Ladycake

dinahsaur74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinahsaur74 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:12am
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a certain type of Paint that I think you can buy at Michaels that you can use on "show" cakes instead of using royal icing.It is a thick paint that that you can actually put in icing bags and decorate your cakes with. Does anyone know what this is called? It would be greatly appreciated. Dinah

5 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 7:33am
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsaur74

I am looking for a certain type of Paint that I think you can buy at Michaels that you can use on "show" cakes instead of using royal icing.It is a thick paint that that you can actually put in icing bags and decorate your cakes with. Does anyone know what this is called? It would be greatly appreciated. Dinah

The only thing I have ever heard and used was Plaster of Paris..

dinahsaur74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinahsaur74 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 6

Does anyone know how to use Plaster of Paris to decorate cakes with?PLEASE let me know. Thanks, Dinah

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 6

I think it is called Texture magic Dimensional Paint Here is a link:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=cp0044

mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 6

You can also use calking and joint compound.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsaur74

Does anyone know how to use Plaster of Paris to decorate cakes with?PLEASE let me know. Thanks, Dinah

You mix it up the same way you would if you were doing a wall and then you put it on the foam just like you would royal ice and smooth it .. The only thing is your going to have to Sand it with Sand Paper once it gets hard to make it smooth... Hope this helps...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%