Your Favorite Chocolate Fondant..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 4:47am by Wendoger

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #1 of 6

I have not tried many chocolate fondants.. the only one I did taste was the one that was sent in the free samples from cocoaoutlet.. Sweet Inspiration I believe... and it was good, but I want to know what the masses think. So I come to all of you and your vast experience.. what is the best tasting chocolate fondant? Satin Ice.. Choco Pan.. Sweet Inspiration.. anyother you just LOVE? Do you like different ones for different colors of chocolate? What's the darkest brand? Pro's and cons for those who have tried more than one?

I know this is a lot of questions.. but I have recieved such WONDERFUL advice from everyone here.. I'll take any info you want to throw at me.

5 replies
flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:47am
post #2 of 6

I've recently bought Pettinice chocolate fondant and I thought it was really good. It's pretty dark and I thought it sort of tasted like Tootsie Rolls!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

As always, my fondant of choice is SatinIce. The chocolate is quite dark, and yummy.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:28am
post #4 of 6

For chocolate, I prefer Pettinice chocolate. It tastes like Tootsie Rolls and the texture is great to work with.

I've tried Choco Pan and while it tastes great, I find it too soft for me.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:42am
post #5 of 6

i use satin ice chocolate. it dries DARK, and tastes excellent. far better than a tootsie roll. the smell....aaah , its goooooooood.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:47am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

i use satin ice chocolate. it dries DARK, and tastes excellent. far better than a tootsie roll. the smell....aaah , its goooooooood.

(totally agree)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%