Mmf And Cookies

Baking By pookster Updated 15 Oct 2006 , 7:18pm by pookster

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:04am
post #1 of 5

can i cover cakes with a layer of bc and then mmf???? or would that be gross??? just a simple old fashioned sugar cookie.....i need some ideas for my son's class... i want to make some halloween cookies and decorate them...any advice or ideas???? i'm more of a cake person....i hate fidling with cookies!!!!

4 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:11am
post #2 of 5

I am not sure if I am undrstanding your question, but yes, you need to put a layer of buttercream on your cake before you put on MMF.

As for cookies, you can use the royal icing to decorate or you can use MMF. There are some threads on here that talk about how to use the MMF on cookies and there is a tutorial in the articles section on baking and decorating cookies.

I hope this helps.

Cindy

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:16am
post #3 of 5

Hi There!

I find decorating with MMF on cookies really easy! I love doing it! I just roll out my MMF really thin, then use a mixture of corn syrup and water and brush that on to stick the MMF onto the cookie. I've used edible pens to decorate as well. Simple and easy.

HTH!
Mirjana

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 5

I just make the cookies and when they come out of the oven, just pop a cutout of mmf on top of the cookies and it melts on there. Have the mmf cutouts ready before making the cookies so they don't cool off before getting the mmf on top.

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 5

thanx for the help...sorry i had typed cakes instead of cookies...but i did mean cookies....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%