My 1St Ever Fondant Cake

Decorating By Letmebeurdesignr Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 10:41am by Letmebeurdesignr

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:16am
post #1 of 10

Just done this tonight in Wilton Fondant/Gumpaste course...im in lesson 2 and this is my cake...still got 2 more lessons in fondant/gumpaste..Any criticism or comments please?

Thanks
LL
LL

9 replies
GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:48am
post #2 of 10

Nice job, keep up the great work!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #3 of 10

I dont' work with fondant, but I've read enough on here to know covering a square cake is not easy. From what I can see, you did a really good job! thumbs_up.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:47am
post #4 of 10

Good Job!! I've found that a square cake IS harder to cover than round. So covering a round cake should be easy now!

christy5022 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christy5022 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:49am
post #5 of 10

I think it looks great. I have not worked with fondant yet...

I'm going to take a the Wilton course in Sept. How do you like it?

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:53am
post #6 of 10

I agree, nice job thumbs_up.gif . How is the class? I've done round and petal which was not that hard. I've done a heart that by the time I was done covering I was ready to toss out the window wor being such a hastle. icon_mad.giftapedshut.gif I have note done a square and your is great. That is the course I'v e been waiting for. I've been teaching myself on my own and want to take that one to see what I am missing. What is your impression of the course?

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:57am
post #7 of 10

I think it looks very nice! Very good job on this cake, I love the drapes!

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:57am
post #8 of 10

You did great for being your first fondant cake!! And especially for covering a square cake!! I love how you pieced together (I think???) your pink flowers icon_biggrin.gif

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:58am
post #9 of 10

Wow! That is great. Are you sure that is your first cake? And way to go on covering a square, they are much harder than cirlces for sure!

And your daisies look very nice.

How are you liking working with fondant?

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 10:41am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

I agree, nice job thumbs_up.gif . How is the class? I've done round and petal which was not that hard. I've done a heart that by the time I was done covering I was ready to toss out the window wor being such a hastle. icon_mad.giftapedshut.gif I have note done a square and your is great. That is the course I'v e been waiting for. I've been teaching myself on my own and want to take that one to see what I am missing. What is your impression of the course?

I loooove the class...I have already taken courses 1 and 2 and now taking fondant/gumpaste....i will take course 3 next month..It is really fun, IMO...

My instructor told me to bring a square cake because she wanted to show me how to do it right..she said if i can cover a square cake then i can cover anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannastreats

You did great for being your first fondant cake!! And especially for covering a square cake!! I love how you pieced together (I think???) your pink flowers icon_biggrin.gif

Yea the "piecing together" of the flowers was where i covered my booboo on the fondant..i think i pulled a lil to hard and stretched the fondant and it broke..lol..i took the lil diamond shapes from the hankechief and put it together to make lil flowers..lol..had to do something to cover my booboos..haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crislen

Wow! That is great. Are you sure that is your first cake? And way to go on covering a square, they are much harder than cirlces for sure!

And your daisies look very nice.

How are you liking working with fondant?

Yes this is my very first fondant cake..lol..worked w/fondant one time and that was to cover the lil bottles that is in my bugs bunny cake picture..all i did on those was wrap fondant around a bottle though..lol..

Doing the square cake wasnt to bad...i figured i would have more problems than i did but it was fun....

I also used the wilton fondant and im not for sure why but i kinda liked the wilton fondant..i made a carrot cake w/buttercream icing...it didnt taste like playdough like people i have talked to said it did...i actually liked it..just a lil to expensive for me..

Thanks for the comments yall..i really appreciate it...will be posting my other cakes from the class as i make them...cant wait to start on my next fondant cake..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%