Angel Theme Cake

Decorating By bkdcakes Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 7:38pm by dooleybug

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:09am
post #1 of 8

Okay, I'm trying to decide whether or not I have time to enter our local fair. The theme is angels & I'm just not getting anything that really knocks me over. I'm not really any good at modeling, so I don't think that would be an option. The other problem is that the entry date is Sept. 4th & I'm out of town the 1st-3rd!!! In the amateur division, it can't be a dummy, so it will have to be real cake. On top of that, I'm the chairman for our church 50th anniversary the following week & I'm doing the cake for it. (This in add'n to school starting, PTA, Scouts, blah, blah, blah!). So, if I'm gonna do this, I'll have to make it & freeze it before we leave town, then decorate on Monday night & Tuesday, before the deadline. So, hit me with your best shot!

7 replies
bkdcakes Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 11:46am
post #2 of 8

Bump?

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 8

make,torte,fill and ice cake, wrap well then freeze. How about making an FBCT, stained glass effect with angle scene. Put FBCT night before due.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 8

I found this picture a couple of years ago and have never had a chance to use it on a cake. Maybe you can get some ideas off of it. I thought the angel on top would be cute done as a chocolate transfer.
LL

DanielleRG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 8

How about a round cake. Use a candy mold and make angels, using fondant, modeling chocolate, or whatever you are comfortable with. Apply angels around the side of the cake and then put some of the angels on the top of the cake holding a bouquet of roses or flowers. Here is a rough drawing of the idea.
LL

bkdcakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:52am
post #6 of 8

Those are some great ideas! Thanks for your input!

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 8

You could even use the angel molds like DanielleRG was talking about and use sugar to form the angels and then paint them with luster dust or color the sugar. (I think the mixture is 3 parts sugar to one part water).

dooleybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dooleybug Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 8

I have never entered anything at the fair and just last night I told my DH I should check into it. I looked on here for inspiration after seeing that the theme is angels and heaven this year, and I discovered a "neighbor". Good luck if you are planning on entering. I'm still contemplating whether or not I will.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%