Cake Supply Stores In Orlando

Decorating By ibmoser Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 1:57pm by debbie2881

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone know of a good cake decorating supply store or two in the Orlando area? I have tried searching yellow pages but must not be using the correct key words icon_redface.gif .

13 replies
AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 14

I know this is off the subject but I love Orlando. I will be down there for Thanksgiving this year and hope to move there in the next year or two.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 14

Here's something I found on bellsouth yellow pages online. I just typed in cake supply and Orlando, FL and these two came up. Call them both to see if they sell cake supplies. If not I'm sure they could help you find what you are looking for. I hope this helps.

D & G Occasions
625 Herndon Ave
Orlando, FL 32803

(407) 894-4458

Bondz Cake Shoppe
310 N Main St
Wildwood, FL 34785

(352) 748-0555

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 14

I've been to D&G occasions. is there something you are looking for specifically?

AgentCakeBaker come on down!! I just moved here about 1 1/2 years ago and i love it but there is alot of crime. i still like it alot but i worry here more than i did when i was living in NY. Hopefully by the time you plan to move there will be something done about the amount of crime here.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 14

So glad this thread was posted! We're going to Disney World the day after Thanksgiving and will be there for a week. I told DH that SURELY there would be some time to find and go to a cake supply store while we're there! icon_lol.gif The closest one to where I live is over an hour's drive, not very convenient at all. Thanks again for posting this...I'll be watching this thread! icon_biggrin.gif

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 14

icon_biggrin.gif
yeah the D&G
has a lot of chocolate molds for lollipops!
i got my luster dust there i think fpr 2 bucks each

it is very close to the fashion square mall
across the street altmost..
thumbs_up.gif
but peolple dont gets paid as good as NY, i cant get people that dont ask for cheaper prices... i just moved here too...i miss my NY soo much but..
i hate the love bugs! here!
but i like the weather on december .january jejejjje
well i moved 30 minutes more north of orlando now...the houses are bigger for the same price...i hate in olrando they are making houses so close to each other small backyard you could hear your neighor conversations...jejej that is why we bought a house that we could scream if we want to and no problem ! jeeejej
icon_rolleyes.gif

debbie2881 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 14

maisza D&G is a bit expensive on some things. i was in there last week and wanted to buy some shiny dust, i guess it was luster dust but thats not what it said on the little bottle. what does yours say? i go there just to buy the fillings. sooo yummy. i was looking at the molds but there are soo many. you could stand there for hours going through them. i know what you mean about the houses in orlando, i live in ocoee and we have a huge backyard, fenced in and definately able to scream without the neighbors hearing me. the new houses are built on top of eachother though. I'm so afraid of the lizards and they are everywhere. Its so cold in NY right now, i definately dont miss that. so glad i'm not in that weather!!

THESUGARCOW Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 4:07pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie2881

maisza D&G is a bit expensive on some things. i was in there last week and wanted to buy some shiny dust, i guess it was luster dust but thats not what it said on the little bottle. what does yours say? i go there just to buy the fillings. sooo yummy. i was looking at the molds but there are soo many. you could stand there for hours going through them. i know what you mean about the houses in orlando, i live in ocoee and we have a huge backyard, fenced in and definately able to scream without the neighbors hearing me. the new houses are built on top of eachother though. I'm so afraid of the lizards and they are everywhere. Its so cold in NY right now, i definately dont miss that. so glad i'm not in that weather!!

well it is a 2g net
it says luster dust from south ,inc.
cost me 2.89$
they are right behind the counter almost in the part of the chocolate molds
yeah they are so many!
yeah prices are not cheap in somestuff
i found this gumtrga..something! icon_confused.gif
jjajaja
it is big and i think it is worth it..i think was like 6 $ o a litlle more but
it is bigger that the amounts i saw in the web
now tools yeah expensive
not too much of it but expensive
im in the process of try to get this roller pins.. and tools most of it for gumpaste fondant molding.....from my sources..jejejj
icon_biggrin.gif
trying to see if i can get them and sell them more cheap!
it is ridiculous those 30 and up prices for roller pins and those other tools

i let u know guys if i can get then and sell them for less i hope.. icon_confused.gif
icon_wink.gif

oh i forgot the lizards are cute but..
and they eat your bugs so they are help
and yeah i miss the buildings ...but the summer! it is so bad here too!
i am a year on monday and i still get so sleepy and light headed if i go outside!
yeah they are making the new houses like sardines in a pakage! icon_eek.gif
that is why we move to enterprise...but it is more wild here!
florida it is like a sofisticate jungle
i have owls,flying squirrels,those big black birds that eats dead animals
wild turkeys! icon_eek.gif
it is a jungle! icon_redface.gif
i miss NY but things are way too expensive there icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

ibmoser Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 14

Wow - thanks for the information. I'm looking for tools (cutters, rollers, luster dust, silicone molds) and ingredients (ready-to-use fillings, gum tragacanth, edible lacquer, etc). I'll get driving directions to this D&G - sounds very interesting. Any others that may have toys? Or, any bakeries with real inspiration in the display cases?

debbie2881 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 4:39pm
post #10 of 14

maisza ok so i didnt see the luster dust then. where did you live in NY??

"i found this gumtrga..something!" what is this used for?

Goodluck on getting things cheaper, those rolling pins are really expensive especially the impression ones.

as far as summers here, i spend most of my day in the house in central air so it really doesnt bother me much but dh is a letter carrier, i feel so bad for him.

ibmoser their fillings are delish (definately get the strawberry) and they are only about $2.50 for like 2lbs. they have alot of cookie cutters and lots of pans and stuff but no coupons. If you are looking for fondant cutters its really expensive there. they had this metal diamond impression for like $25 and it was only 3 diamonds and their petal cutters are very expensive. It wont look like much when you get there, definately not what i expected when i drove up and went in. dont expect a store like michaels its more like a small $1 store IMO. oh and joanns is just up the street from there if you are interested in going there.

ibmoser Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 6:31pm
post #11 of 14

Great! Thank you so much for the information. I have access only to limited Wilton products and just love to drool over "real" tools even if I can't afford them icon_lol.gif . This should be a great side-trip.

debbie2881 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 8:19pm
post #12 of 14

there is also a michaels around there if you feel like having a real cake shopping day.

THESUGARCOW Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 12:04am
post #13 of 14

DEBBIE

i used to live in long isllan islip...it is not that much the diference but at least i could go to the city any time i wanted! icon_cry.gif
home is home....
but i like florida too...just when u get used to a place it is hard to let it go....
i saw a AC&MOORE or something like that it is the name it is like Michaels...
and the traga.. something jajaja
it is like the gumtex... from wilton to make gumpaste but i think it is better
well i went to look for my gum and it is not the tragawhatever but i remember they have it too,i chosed gum arabic and it is 2oz and the cost it is 2.69$ and u could use as glue
i hope that helps you

debbie2881 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:57pm
post #14 of 14

maisza you are right there isnt a lot of difference for you except for the hustle and bustle of NY. I lived in queens but worked in franklin square, LI for a few months before i moved here. I went to AC Moore yesterday its close to fashion square also, they have a few wilton pans 50% off. i got a couple but i was there 10 mins to closing so i had to get my pans and get out. They did take my michaels coupon for a squeeze bottle i got that wasnt on sale, wasnt much savings but it was something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%