[B]Karma!![/b]

Decorating By cassandrascakes Updated 14 Oct 2006 , 9:12am by cakesbyamym

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:07am
post #1 of 9

I have a carved cake, full sheet and a 1/4 this weekend. So, I went to the hardware store today and purchased a foam roller to try Melvira's technique. When I got home, I started making my buttercream icing, a recipe I got from a fellow CC'er who always has amazing cakes. Well, to my buttercream I added a small amount of purple to offset the yellowness from the butter, a tip I also got from CC. I them mixed up my cake batter and used a flowernail in the bottom of my pans and it just hit me all of a sudden..........I have learned so much from all of the great people here. It hit me like a ton of bricks how differently I do my cakes now, and I have been at this for 8 years. Well, I just had to log on to say thank you to EVERYONE who has ever shared, not just with me but with anyone. icon_biggrin.gif THANK YOU!! icon_biggrin.gif ....Cassandra

8 replies
Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:11am
post #2 of 9

Another true testament to the wonders of CakeCentral.com icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:16am
post #3 of 9

I think we have all learned as much as, if not more than, we have shared here on CC!

I know I do things now that I never would have thought possible! (I had never used fondant or gumpaste before CC, I still don't use it on a regular basis...but, my fear of new things is definitely shrinking! I know that if I need help there is always SOMEONE here who knows exactly what I need to do!

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:25am
post #4 of 9

how did the roller work for you???? i am sooo in love with cc as well, i have been decorating for 11 years....and i have learned alot of easier techniques on here...i love you all....your the best!!!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamCakeArtist Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:29am
post #5 of 9

Cake Central has been my obsession now for about a month or so, ever since I've joined! It is my favorite website. I don't know what I'd do now without CC!
I have learned how to do FBCT! (my latest obsession!) I would've never thought of doing that. I've never seen it before in a book or anything! I'm still learning! I have a lot to learn--and for many years to come! I cannot wait to try my first fondant roses, or to try chocolate clay....I'm busy with my babies. I wanna try so much! I will, though....as soon as I get the chance! LOL!
I wanna thank everyone here, too ! I love my CC family!
BUT, wait! I've missed out on something....what is the deal with the flower nail in the bottom of the pan? Is it to conduct heat to help bake a large cake faster or what?????
Let me in on that one!
icon_biggrin.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:37am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist

...BUT, wait! I've missed out on something....what is the deal with the flower nail in the bottom of the pan? Is it to conduct heat to help bake a large cake faster or what?????
Let me in on that one!
icon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gif That's exactly what the flower nails are for! I was skeptical at first as to whether or not the nails would work, but they do! I use them on most of my larger layers and sheet cakes! And...seeing as I don't really use them for flowers...it gives me something to use them for!!!!! icon_lol.gif

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 5:40am
post #7 of 9

Oh, and I forgot that one of my cakes will be FBCT which I also learned here!! Yeah, the flower nail works like a heating core to conduct heat to the center of the pan so your cake will cook evenly. It works like a dream. Just prepare your pan as usual and then prepare the nail and put it in the pan upside down. I use crisco spray with flour added, so all I have to do is spray the pan and then spray the nail. Then pour your cake batter in and that's it! When you invert your cake onto the cooling rack, make sure the end of the nail is sticking through one of the holes in the rack. Then just pull the nail out!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamCakeArtist Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 6:19am
post #8 of 9

thumbs_up.gif thanks for the enlightenment! CakeCentral is so awesome,,,,,hmmm,,,,,actually we are....since we make up CC!!!!!!!!!LOL It is 2.20 am, and I'm still on here! It must be an obsession!

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 9:12am
post #9 of 9

I agree...I have added so many new techniques to my capabilities by finding CC. The advice, ideas and people here are amazing!!! I, too, am obsessed with this site, and need a 12-step program, I do believe! LOL.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%