Fondant Question

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 7:45pm by Maureen1954

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

how do i make the edges of my cake more defined? when ever i use fondant the egdes just seem to get rounded off, its ok for some cakes but other i want a nicely squared edge. i was practicing a square cake and it turned out "dumpy" looking because none of the corners or edges where straight they were all rounded. i don't know what i'm doing wrong?

4 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 5

I havent done a square fondant cake yet but I'll deff bump ya because I was wondering how to also.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 5

Best way I've found to get sharp corners with fondant is to use 2 fondant smoothers. Hold one on the side and one on the top and smooth sort of toward the corner. Hard to describe the motion. Maybe somebody else can help???

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 5

There is a fondant smoother you can get (I saw it on a tutorial somewhere, can't remember where though) that is shaped at a right-angle to help get sharper edges.

If anyone knows where to get one, hopefully they'll see this post and let us know!

Kelly

Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly75

There is a fondant smoother you can get (I saw it on a tutorial somewhere, can't remember where though) that is shaped at a right-angle to help get sharper edges.

If anyone knows where to get one, hopefully they'll see this post and let us know!

Kelly

Edgers" can be purchased from Global Sugar Arts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%