Help With Nfsc Thickness...

Baking By rsaun Updated 13 Oct 2006 , 7:48pm by NEWTODECORATING

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to try the NFSC recipe tonight, but in the recipe, it says to roll out to "desired thickness." How thick should it be and maintain the integrity of the shape and not spread or "puff" up? I'm fairly new at this, and while I like the recipe I was using, I'm wanting to try out some new ideas. I'm also going to try antonia74 icing with them. I've been using color flow, but don't like the smell...

4 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 5

I usually roll it about 1/4 " thick or a smidge thicker. Nothing more than that. Used with Antonia's icing it's perfect. I have used Alice's icing also and gotten same results.

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5

I hafta say im ADDICTED to the NFSC with Antonia's icing. I like this even better than making cakes. LOL I bought the box of 100 different cutters and have been making cookies like CRAZY!!!! I need to make them a lil thicker cuz it seems they get a lil too brown on the edges. (I felt terrible telling my sister that I found a sugar cookie recipe better than Grama's *gasp* lol) Im gunna try the chocolate ones today! See how those turn out! I'll post pictures of those too.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 5

I always make my cookies 1/4" and that is thick enough for me. Any more and I'd have too much cookie for my taste LOL icon_lol.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 5

I have been taping wax paper to my counter and then two wooden dowels end to end on both sides the width of my large rolling pin. I place the dough between the dowels and a piece of wax paper on top of it and then roll out my dough. It is uniform in thickness and not messy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%