What Pan Could I Use

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 14 Aug 2007 , 5:18am by melissa043

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:29am
post #1 of 5

I need to make a 3D Blues Clues dog, Any suggestions on what pans I could use. I have never sculpted a cake is it hard? Would it be easier to find something similar in a 3d pan and decorate differently?

4 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:54am
post #2 of 5

I've done a 3d Blues Clues cake many, many moons ago.

I used a wondermold for the butt, and 2 6" heart cakes turned upside down for the head. Carve the forehead from the front heart cake and round the tips to make the top of the head. I used a 6" round cut in half, place one cut side down on board to make the neck/body.

I covered mine in fondant, and made fondant paws and features. For the ears, I used pastillage but you can use styrofoam plates that are cut to shape and inserted into the side of the head.

For the spots I used cut out fondant shapes. The tail was made from a piece of gumpaste on a dowel rod.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:02am
post #3 of 5

I am not really getting what you are describing with the heart pans. Do you have any pics?

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

Turn the heart upside down, with the double arches touching the board and the pointy end up. Carve the first heart with a forehead so basically taking off the top portion with the pointy end, leaving 2 rounded cheeks with the 2 arches.

I just PM'ed you a picture of the cake I did.

melissa043 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissa043 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:18am
post #5 of 5

I made a 3d dog cake in my photos. I was a black Lab & im not sure if you're gonna be able to see all the details. Since it was all black its a bit difficult. But check out my dog and if you like it i can tell you how i made it and hopefully it'll help you. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=666623

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%