Anyone Tried These Flavorings?

Decorating By lori_d Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 1:06am by momg9

lori_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori_d Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I am about to order some flavorings, (although I'm not quite sure from where). I am particularly interested in creme bouquet and butavan, which I've heard raves about. However, I can't obtain both from the same place (except Sugarcraft, which I've decided not to order from after all I've read.) And shipping costs for just one bottle are high almost everywhere I look.

I saw a flavor called Baker's Complement (www.thebakerslkitchen.com)which is supposed to be a butter/vanilla flavor, but I wonder if anyone has experience with it. I also have the question about vanilla,butter,nut flavor.

I've also seen a butter vanilla emulsion (www.partycakesnthings.com). Is that like butavan?

Is any one creme bouquet flavoring better than another?

How about cream cheese flavorings? Is it a decent substitute when I can't use real cream cheese?

If I have to order from separate places I will, but I'm trying to avoid it. Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Lori D.

6 replies
dawndelicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawndelicious Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 7

Okay, this is GREAT stuff! Everyone always asks me how I make my icing taste so good...this is the secret!

I use Magic Line Creme Bouquet and order it from Carousel cakes in Richardson, TX. You can also get it from All-In-One Cakes in Austin. Yes, it's expensive, and the shipping costs are high, but if you do a lot of cakes, you can order several big bottles at a time.

I use Creme Bouquet, Butter flavoring, vanilla, and a touch of almond in my buttercream. I think the Creme Bouquet is lemon and almond flavorings together, and it smells wonderful! I use half butter and half Crisco as the base for my icing.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:17am
post #3 of 7

Lori, I see you are in Texas. Are you near Lubbock? That's where Earlene is and she sells butavan: http://www.earlenescakes.com/store/flavors.html

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idocsdr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idocsdr Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:07am
post #5 of 7

I just recieved some new flavors that I ordered from intheoven.com They were really reasonable on prices. I have not used them but they smell great!

lori_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori_d Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:47am
post #6 of 7

Are butavan and butrnilla the same thing? It sounds like it on Earlene Moore's website- just different manufacturers?

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:06am
post #7 of 7

I use Bakers Compliment and vanilla and everyone loves it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%