Need Help With Colors For Fall Cake - Floral Basket

Decorating By stlalohagal Updated 12 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm by fronklowes

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:41am
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this and I'm taking the Wilton course II class. I want very much to do a fall colored basket of flowers but I'm really unsure about the colors and how they'd look. I'm sure once I get going everything will be fine. We'll do roses and Daisy's and Pansy's and Mums and I'm not sure what else as I don't have my book directly in front of me. Anyway, I'd really like some suggestions on some fall colors. I don't want stark colors though ie orange that is carrot orange. I thought I'd do the basket in Ivory and maybe add a touch of brown to darken but I don't want brown like a chocolate basket. PLEASE any suggestions from you experienced folks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Paula
PS it's also going to be a birthday cake for my mother-in-law when done. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:44am
post #2 of 7

burnt oranges, golden yellows, deep reds, deep dark greens, golden browns..... I'm seeing beauty!

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:45am
post #3 of 7

Golden yellow, purple, orange is actually good, but there are lots of shades of orange. Reds, deep blues. Personally, I think any color that is vivid is good for fall.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 8:53am
post #4 of 7

Did you try searching in the galleries using "fall flowers" as your search term? I did that for inspiration before I did my fall basket cake a couple of weeks ago.

I really like the burnt oranges, a fairly pale golden yellow, deep burgundy/wine, deep purple, cinnamon red, and burnt sienna-type browns.

RP

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 11:50am
post #5 of 7

I did fall colors for my Course 2 cake. Take a look at it in my pictures. I added red color to my orange to make it more vivid. Fall colors look wonderful against a chocolate buttercream iced cake.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 7

jstritt,

I love your fall cake, beautiful colors. What tip did you use for your spider mums?

Thanks

Sue

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 7

Take a look at "Stacia's Wedding Cake" in my pictures. It is iced in ivory with fall colored roses. Maybe it will spark some inspiration for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%