Reaching Sugarcraft By Phone...

Decorating By Samsgranny Updated 17 Oct 2006 , 3:35pm by Ladycake

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:23am
post #1 of 20

Does anyone have a phone number to reach SugarCraft Customer Service by phone? I ordered a race car pan and some cupcake bouquets and they sent me some clear plastic boxes like the kind you put long stem roses in. The packing slip was correct but not the contents of the box. I just sent them an email letting them know what happened but I would like to follow up in the AM with a phone call. Could not find a number on the website in fact they requested that the store not be called as the clerks would not be able to help me so I am looking for a number for customer service. I know there have been some posts here regarding SugarCraft but please let me know what your experience has been with returns and how soon you think they will get the right order out to me. I am under a time crunch now!

Sams

19 replies
slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:37am
post #2 of 20

STORE PHONE: 513-896-7089
.NOTICE: Sales Clerks DO NOT have access to your on-line order and have little time to answer lengthy questions. Please email us instead.
STORE HOURS:
Mon. - Fri. 9:30-5:30pm EST.
Saturdays 9:30-4 pm.
Closed Sundays

This is what's posted on their site.

I hope you get it straightened out.

There isn't really a "customer service department", as far as I know - the whole business is just in one building, the "front" is retail and the "back" is order fulfillment.

Good luck!@
Laura.

Samsgranny Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 20

Thanks Laura, I got all that when I went to the website. I was just hoping someone who had personal experience with a return to Sugarcraft could give me some tips on how to expedite this, like a phone number to customer service. Thanks again for your response Laura. Giving this a bump in hopes someone else might have some ideas.

Sams

justme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 20

what if you would call the store- maybe they can give you a phone number for thier customer service. they have to have a phone.....

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 20

Good Luck! Do a search on this website for past posts about Sugarcraft and you'll know what I mean.

Samsgranny Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 20

UPDATE: just got an email from Sugarcraft...

INVOICE+NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Thank You for the update.
I apologize for the shipping error!

Regrettably, we do not have any other Bill Elliot Nascar Pan sets available. Those have been discontinued.
Please discard the items you received in error. We will issue a Full Refund for the order immediately.

Leave all emails attached
with any reply as reference
www.sugarcraft.com

Will let you know if this is settled to my satisfaction...I still don't have my pan for my grandson's birthday, I could try to order another type (Dale Ernhart Jr., etc. just need the pan) but A. not sure it would get here in time, and B. not sure if they have them in stock, C. maybe I should leave well enough alone and just use my 3D car pan and carve it into a race car.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsgranny

Thanks Laura, I got all that when I went to the website. I was just hoping someone who had personal experience with a return to Sugarcraft could give me some tips on how to expedite this, like a phone number to customer service. Thanks again for your response Laura. Giving this a bump in hopes someone else might have some ideas.

Sams

Never had any good luck with returning anything to them or getting the right stuff from them... Never heard anyone that has had any good luck with them either.. They will say your a lier and that its all your fault... Good Luck...

dinkadoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinkadoo Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 20

I will say that I have ordered from them about 6 times or so in the past and I"ve never had an issue getting my stuff...I live in WA state and still get things pretty quick.....however.....I think the owner's attitude is horrible from my experience on her cake boards...that's why I'm here.... and I've also found alternatives to ordering from her.

CindyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyW Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 20

I had a bad experience with them recently. I ordered a sugargun, after 2 weeks I noticed my money had been refunded and redeposited into my checking account. I assumed this meant they were out of stock, so I ordered the item elsewhere. BUT OF COURSE, I received the item the next day from sugarcraft and they recharged my checking account. I ended up with two of them. I had to pay shipping charges to send it back and it wasn't even my error. I don't think I've received my refund yet either now that I think of it? I'll have to check my account today.
I had no luck at all on the phone.
Good Luck

GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 20

I placed an order with them on 10/04. They called me to let me know there would be a delay. I haven't heard from them since. I sent them an e-mail yesterday. After reading above comments, I wish I ordered my stuff from another company. I'll let you know what happens with my order.

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 20

I have made a few orders with them and have always gotten the right order and received it in a timely manner. I hope your situation gets resolved in time for your grandson's birthday.

Samsgranny Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 2:01am
post #12 of 20

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. I have decided to take them up on their word to credit back to my account and will not tempt the fates in trying to reorder. Will keep you aprised with an update.

Sams

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 3:16am
post #13 of 20

I have ordered 4 or 5 times, no problems. Have stopped ordering due to the astronomical fees-either shipping or the item price changes since time of order in addition to other's experiences. icon_sad.gif

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 4:08pm
post #14 of 20

I'm glad I came across this post. I was just about to place an order with Sugarcraft. What is another online place I can order from. I am specifically looking for a Magic Line sheet cake pan 9x13x2 and Lorrann oils. None of our stores here sell any of it. TIA

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 20

Read my post about where to buy the 3D race car pan:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-36973-3d.html+race+car+automobile+pan

Regarding Sugarcraft: I am very, very, VERY disappointed with them. Their shipping charges are excessive, for some reason the bill is more than I thought is going to be and forget about calling them. I'm going to start shopping at CC, especially not that they have the Americolors at a great price and the pans are on sale.

Ladycake Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBell69

I'm glad I came across this post. I was just about to place an order with Sugarcraft. What is another online place I can order from. I am specifically looking for a sheet cake pan 9x13x2 and Lorrann oils. None of our stores here sell any of it. TIA

I use to do all of my shoping at Sugarcraft and I heard all of the bad stuff and I had never had anything happen and then I did and they were so rude and nasty I will never order there again. I do all I mean ALL of mine at www.countrykitchensa now and a few things from CC

Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 6:04pm
post #17 of 20

I have never had a problem with Sugarcraft, but I will admit that I now only order from them when I'm in a pinch and can't find elsewhere. I'm afraid too many have had problems and it's a matter of time before I do. They have always been quick to respond to my inquirys and my shipping to N. CA alway reasonable, but why tempt the fates.

Also their website is a mess. Lots of great info, but horrible to work with. They need a good web designer. Now CC needs to carry Sugarcrafts stock and we'll be set.

GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 2:27am
post #18 of 20

I ordered on 10/4, someone called the follwoing day and said that there would be a delay, I received my items today 10/13. All of my items were included and they were all correct. I do think that if they are doing so much internet business, the definitey need a customer service phone # and someone that can access your order info. I think I will order elsewhere next time.

Samsgranny Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:21pm
post #19 of 20

UPDATE: Just to let you know that the issued has been resolved. I checked my bank balance this morning and Sugarcraft has credited my account for the amount they debited. So one point for them. Really funny thing happened though...I emailed both the Webmaster (responding to the original confirmation email) and Customer Service about the issue when I first found the problem with my order and CS was very responsive and courteous. The Webmaster however, whom I assume is the owner, was quite nasty. Her note to me was very curt and told me I didn't supply enough information for them to process the refund (CS had already responded!) and when I let her know it was taken care of and that I gave SC a positive review on CC she shot back a note saying,"What is "cakecentral" and how does that fit in with Sugarcraft?" Boy, this woman has her finger on the pulse of the cake world!

I will order from these people again when, A. It's not an urgent situation where I absolutely have to have the item, and B. I don't care about the money and they can credit my account when they get around to it. NOT!

Ladycake Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 3:35pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsgranny

UPDATE: Just to let you know that the issued has been resolved. I checked my bank balance this morning and Sugarcraft has credited my account for the amount they debited. So one point for them. Really funny thing happened though...I emailed both the Webmaster (responding to the original confirmation email) and Customer Service about the issue when I first found the problem with my order and CS was very responsive and courteous. The Webmaster however, whom I assume is the owner, was quite nasty. Her note to me was very curt and told me I didn't supply enough information for them to process the refund (CS had already responded!) and when I let her know it was taken care of and that I gave SC a positive review on CC she shot back a note saying,"What is "cakecentral" and how does that fit in with Sugarcraft?" Boy, this woman has her finger on the pulse of the cake world!

I will order from these people again when, A. It's not an urgent situation where I absolutely have to have the item, and B. I don't care about the money and they can credit my account when they get around to it. NOT!

The webmaster would be her Daughter and she is the main trouble with this company now.. when it was just Deloris doing it was better...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%