Seeking Satin Ice

Decorating By JillK Updated 14 Aug 2007 , 1:45pm by JillK

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 15

Hi folks. icon_biggrin.gif

I've been on CC for awhile but mostly just lurk ... finally decided to shuffle bashfully forward with a request since you seem like such a great lot of people. (Opinion of certain Sugarcraft people aside. *snort*)

Does anyone know where I might be able to find Satin Ice fondant anywhere near Buffalo, N.Y.? I've heard such good things about it here and I *hate* Wilton's fondant.

I'm not against a (not-too-long) roadtrip, either. I'd rather buy in person than online, although I'm not adverse to that if I find something.

BTW, anyone else put there from the home of the Bills and the Sabres? thumbs_up.gif

Jill K

14 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 15

You can call www.satinfinefoods.com and find out where the nearest dealer is. That's what I did and located a wholesale food store near me that carries Satin Ice.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:42am
post #3 of 15

I call them directly and order. You have to order a case at a time through them though. I ordered 2 20 lb buckets for a wedding I have coming up on a Monday and had it that Tuesday. Great service. I live in upstate NY, about 1 1/2 hours west of Plattsburgh NY.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:54am
post #4 of 15

jo_ann,

are their prices much better than intheoven.com?

JillK,

What's the Bills, a peewee football team?! icon_confused.gif
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif STEELERS RULE!

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #5 of 15

i went to there website, but could not find prices. miriel and jo_ann, could you tell me the cost? i just ordered a 2lb tub from into the oven for about 10.99. thanks!

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #6 of 15

i oreder from cakedeco.com it's a company called Pfeil & something (i forget) and they are in NY and they are reall fast for shipping. i don't know where they are located or if you could walk in and just get some stuff but you don't have to order cases at a time. you can just get what you need if you are a hobby gal or a small on the side business gal.

armywife1 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:59am
post #7 of 15

Sandra80, could you tell us the price you pay through this company? thanks!

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:08am
post #8 of 15

Pfeil & Holing, Inc. 58-15 Northern Blvd. Woodside, N.Y. 11377
Tel: 718-545-4600 800-247-7955 Fax: 718-932-7513
Web Address: http://www.cakedeco.com
for 5lbs of pink, yellow, blue, red, purple, green or black-$19.95
for white 5lbs $16.50 and 20lbs $55.50
for choclate or ivory 5lbs $17.50 and for 20lbs $58.30
their shipping is not a flat rate, they weigh it and charge you what it really costs rather than you overpaying on it. they give you a subtotal and you won't have the shipping given to you until you get the stuff, this is the only part i didn't like about them because i didn't know what i was paying at first but it is reasonable.
if i was to place an order now (9PM on monday) i would probably have it by wednesday or thursday by the latest and that is just UPS ground.

armywife1 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:11am
post #9 of 15

oops. never mind. somehow missed you posting the website icon_redface.gif

armywife1 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:13am
post #10 of 15

thanks sandra! i'm still trying to see the difference in cost b/w intotheoven and your company. have you ever ordered from intotheoven? just wondering if you prefer Pfeil & Holing.

lisasweeta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisasweeta Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #11 of 15

Kerekes bakery supply is in Brooklyn, NY
www.bakedeco.com
They only have Satin Ice in white or chocolate, but the prices are good. 20lb white Satin Ice for 49.00
20 lb chocolate for 54.95
5 lb white 18.00
5 lb chocolate 20.00
You can calculate the shipping charges on the site when you add something to your cart.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:18am
post #12 of 15

For 40 lbs I paid $100.00 for it and $9 for shipping and got it in 1 day.

moejoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moejoe Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:20am
post #13 of 15

you can also try www.Globalsugarart.com
They are upstate , not sure where ad=nd they ship fast. I ordered from there and I got it in 2 days and I live in the NYC area.

cookiesup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesup Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:31am
post #14 of 15

Hi Jillk...I am not far from you..I live in Rochester and love the Sabres!. There is a bakery supply store in Buffalo...but haven't yet been there...not sure if they sell satin ice...Federal Bake Mark...ever heard of it? Any info if you know it??
thanks., Steph

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:45pm
post #15 of 15

Gee, thanks for the assistance everyone! I'm going to try calling the company, I think. If that doesn't work, I now have lots of other ideas. icon_razz.gif

cookiesup: Cool! I just heard of Bakemark recently ... need to head there and check it out. (It's in the city, I'm in the 'burbs.) I'll let you know how it is.

twooten173: Oh, very funny. icon_evil.gif Actually, my SIL and BIL live in Pittsburgh, so it's an ongoing family feud. (A good-natured one. Except during playoffs. icon_twisted.gif )

Thanks again!

Jill K

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%