Plunger Cake

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 13 Jul 2005 , 7:30pm by Misdawn

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:37am
post #1 of 33

Ok.. I finished the plunger cake... let me know what all you think icon_smile.gif
LL

32 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:39am
post #2 of 33

lol that is soo funny. great job by the way.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:41am
post #3 of 33

It looks like the real thing! Very cute...you did a great job! icon_razz.gif
traci

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:44am
post #4 of 33

Now that takes the cake! I really like your writing too!

Debbi

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:44am
post #5 of 33

LOL! That turned out great thumbs_up.gif ! I love it and I bet Ivan will too.

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:56am
post #6 of 33

Thank you ! Thank you! I was laughing the entire time I was doing this cake .. lol .. He's going to love it icon_biggrin.gif

Quesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quesa Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 1:24am
post #7 of 33

Good Job! It really looks good. How did you make it? I'm a beginner! icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:03am
post #8 of 33

I love it. Not too often do you actually want to eat a plunger, knowing where it couldn't have been. LOL

Very great idea!!

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:08am
post #9 of 33

AWESOMEicon_smile.gif

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:14am
post #10 of 33

Great Cake! Keep up the good work. birthday.gif

ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:16am
post #11 of 33

Now that is one great cake. Very well done and it will be so well recieved!Again great job... icon_biggrin.gif

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:23am
post #12 of 33

That is so creative!!!! thumbs_up.gif
You guys aren so talented here!!

AShiana

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:31am
post #13 of 33

Quesa, I used a 6" round pan .. baked a single layer .. then baked one mini-wondermold .. I took a knife and trimmed the top edges of the 6" cake .. I put a little icing under the mini wondermold and put it in the center of the 6" round cake .. I filled all of it in with buttercream icing .. I rolled out some MMF that I tinted with brown, orange and a touch of red... I draped it over the bottom part of the plunger, trimmed it up and smoothed it down .. I took a dowel stick (Wilton kind that you can use in tiered cakes) and tinted some more MMF a light tan color .. I squeezed it all around the dowel stick and then put it on my countertop and rolled it .. after it sat for a bit, I trimmed about 4" of it off to expose the dowel .. I pushed that part into the cake .. I cut out the letters and brushed with water to make them stick to the plunger handle .. I rolled a long rope and wrapped it around the base of the plunger.. then I wrote on the plunger part .. that's about it .. it was quick and really easy to do .. I laughed the entire time I was making it .. Ivan is gonna love this one lol

naekramer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naekramer Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:34am
post #14 of 33

I would LOVE to see the expressions on people's faces tomorrow as they are commuting to work, glance into ntertayneme's car, and see ntertayneme driving with a PLUNGER sitting proudly on the seat of her car! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif TOO FUNNY! What an AWESOME cake! That is a one-of a kind! Two thunbs up!thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:55am
post #15 of 33

hahaha .. I may hold it up for them to see naekramer icon_wink.gif hehe ... I'm planning on bringing my camera to take pics of Ivan when he gets the cake lol

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:13am
post #16 of 33

Omg! Ntertayneme that is Just Precious! You did a WONDERFUL JOB! You should be tickled with it. don't you just love doing fun cakes? I know he will just love it.
~Sweet~ =0)

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 10:43am
post #17 of 33

Thanks SweetCreations ... It's heading off to work with me now.. we'll see what he thinks of it icon_biggrin.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 12:13pm
post #18 of 33

That is just adorable!!! Can't wait to hear the reactions you get from that cake! Great job!

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 1:47pm
post #19 of 33

Well, we finally tracked Ivan down and I gave him his cake... He just about fell over laughing .. I've never seen anyone laugh quite as hard as he did when he saw the cake ... I'm just glad he liked it lol

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 1:57pm
post #20 of 33

Woooo Hoooo,, We All Knew he would Love it!
~Sweet~ =0)

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:29pm
post #21 of 33

It looks great! SO cute. I will save this photo for future cakes. I bet he was so happy

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:37pm
post #22 of 33

This is a great cake. I may have to use it on my mil's birthday. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 2:59pm
post #23 of 33

Thank you, thank you icon_biggrin.gif I had so much fun with this one ... Hope your MIL will like it too alracntna icon_wink.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:07pm
post #24 of 33

That is TOO cute! You did great ntertayneme! Of course, after seeing your pics at the DOS, you always do great!

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:10pm
post #25 of 33

lol... thanks Misdawn .. hey, you do some great work yourself and did some great stuff at the DOS too!! We had a great time, didn't we?? We need to get together for another one soon!!

blueskies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueskies Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:10pm
post #26 of 33

I have to admit, I had my doubts about a plunger cake, but you pulled it off beautifully! Nice job! Can't wait to hear what his reaction is. thumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:12pm
post #27 of 33

I gave it to him earlier this morning blueskies.. he loved it .. he just bent over laughing when he saw it .. he thought it was hilarious too icon_biggrin.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:24pm
post #28 of 33

At first glance, I thought about how unsanitary that was making your table.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif GREAT job!!!!

ntertayneme Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 3:31pm
post #29 of 33

I thought the same thing Calejo when I first thought up the idea lol.. I thought "Is this too gross to do?" So you gotta know I came here to see what everyone else thought!! What would we do without CC?? lol Pretty much everyone thought it was ok to do if I knew this gentleman well enough and that he wouldn't be offended by it .. of course, he wasn't .. he loved it and it got a huge laugh out of him lol icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 8:31pm
post #30 of 33

Very nice and so creative! I swear, there's nothing that can't be done. lol

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%