Serving 80 People

Decorating By sweettreat Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm by indydebi

sweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 3:08am
post #1 of 6

i need 2 do a 2 tier cake for a baby shower to feed 80 people what would be best 10 and 12 or 10 and 14 to make sure i have enough lady said 1x2 slice isn't very big . Any suggestions?

5 replies
JoJoMick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJoMick Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 3:55am
post #2 of 6

Are you committed to a round cake? I did a 2layer 12x18 cake that ended up being 4" tall and it served 100 people. You could do a 12x18 bottom layer (you could tort it or not) and the top tier could be an 11x15, again, torted or not (you could even trim it to 9x15) and it could accommodate the 80 people. Just a thought!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:41am
post #3 of 6

Please remember when charging her that if she wants to cut larger slices than 1x2x4 then she will need to order more servings. She only wants to feed 80 ppl but she wants slices 2x2x4 then you need to charge her for 160 serving b/c that is how much cake you are making. (this is just an easy math example if she wants a slice between there somewhere then you will need to figure out how many servings that is that you are selling)

You should not give away free cake just because she wants to cut larger slices.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:57am
post #4 of 6

I agree with leily...

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 6

I agree too!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Please remember when charging her that if she wants to cut larger slices than 1x2x4 then she will need to order more servings. She only wants to feed 80 ppl but she wants slices 2x2x4 then you need to charge her for 160 serving b/c that is how much cake you are making. (this is just an easy math example if she wants a slice between there somewhere then you will need to figure out how many servings that is that you are selling)

You should not give away free cake just because she wants to cut larger slices.

Abso-freaking-lutely!

Let me know if you've not read my KFC analogy that explains this PERFECTLY!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%