Cookie Bouquet Containers

Baking By nautkl1 Updated 11 Oct 2006 , 8:21pm by DianaMarieMTV

nautkl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nautkl1 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 1:54am
post #1 of 8

I'm new to CC and I am absolutely hooked! I have obtained a ton of information! thumbs_up.gif

I recently finished 3 Wilton courses and looking forward to instructing classes! And I also want to start cookie bouquets, however I have been searching high and low for the plastic containers cookiesbydesign.com uses. Does anyone know where I can find these? I've already received 6 bosses day cookie bouquet orders and need help!

Thank you!

7 replies
southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 1:58am
post #2 of 8

I'm thinking that Cookies By Design has their containers especailly made for them.

I usually just stick my cookies in some styrofoam and use tissue paper to hide the styrofoam.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:03am
post #3 of 8

Took a quick look and they look like cardboard containers to me that have been painted. The one with a picket fence looks like craft wood just painted and glued to the box. Should be able to find all those things at any craft store.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:56am
post #4 of 8

We bought a Cookie by Design bouquet so we could check them out! The plastic base the sticks actually are placed in are patented protected and if I remember correctly made exclusively for C by D. I kept the darn thing forever and think I just recently threw it out. We use the styrofoam blocks and found some picket fence containers at The Flower Factory (see our "Banna's Cookies" website for some pics of the picket fences).

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 8

You could always check out the dollar stores. They sell nice holiday baskets and ceramic containers. I got three square pumpkin candle holders for $1 each to use as a cookie bouquet. I will put styrofoam and paper shreds in it to fill the inside.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 8

I have used tin containers--Walmart for not a lot of money in fabrics and crafts, coffee mugs that would go with the occasions, Check out dollar stores and Hobby Lobby for containers-vases, decorative boxes, purses, painted wooden boxes. I am going to use a straw hat for a birthday coming up and just put styrofoam in the hat and push the sticks through the holes in the hat--all attached to a cake board.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 8

all good suggestions thus far..I use plain white boxes I ordered online, ( as well as purchased at craft stores) that I customize with ribbon and stickers, etc...This time of year you can find all kinds of great containers. When I have done "boss day" bouquets, I have also used coffee mugs as my containers. Really decorative gift bags work well too. Just think outside the perverbial box/container.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

The chinese take-out boxes would look really cute when decorated, and foam stuck in them would hold the cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%