Cookies & The Fair

Baking By alysmom09 Updated 25 Nov 2006 , 2:20am by Fairytale

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:29am
post #1 of 9

I am so excited I just have to share!!! For the first time ever I entered something into my local fair. I entered my pumpkin cut outs (iced w royal icing) and to my surprise I took first place!!!!!!!! The lady at the cookie booth must think that I'm nuts....my hubby and I were looking and looking for my pumpkins, but we couldn't find them...we asked the lady at the booth to help us look and she smiled when I told her my name and said that they were in the first place booth up front icon_eek.gif my mouth hit the floor!!!!! I am so excited that I took a picture of them!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Just wanted to thank you all as well.....this site and the people who use it are wonderful!!!! I haven't posted much, but I have read sooooo much....soaking up information like a sponge!!!!!
Jessie

8 replies
lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:38am
post #2 of 9

congrats!! cute cookies! can I ask you what icing you used on the cookies?? looking for a good one ...not too sweet but easy to work with! thanks!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:55am
post #3 of 9

I know you must be really excited to win. Nice job.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 8:11am
post #4 of 9

Great job! That's a wonderful accomplishment! icon_biggrin.gif

azlorri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azlorri Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 9

Congratulations!!! How very exciting. (But I looked at the photos....and I see why you won!!!) Way to go!!!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 12:35am
post #6 of 9

YAY!! Your cookies look very nice! thumbs_up.gif Congrats on a job well done! (And we're glad to see you posting! Welcome to CC!!)

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 12:46am
post #7 of 9

Ohhhh, congratulations!!! I've been entering local fairs for the last two years. I loiter around so I can hear what people say about my work.lol. Very thrilling to win. The cookies are darling.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 1:48am
post #8 of 9

Way To Go! Image

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 2:20am
post #9 of 9

Congratulations.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%