Whisky Free Mud Cake

Baking By Sparklepop Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm by Morgana-rose

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 4

I have to make a Chocolate Mud Cake for FIL for his 80th birthday. That's fine, except he can taste the slightest hint of alcohol. I was going to use the Dark Chocolate Mudcake from CC but don't know what to replace the whisky with, I don't want to have a bland cake.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:32am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklepop

I have to make a Chocolate Mud Cake for FIL for his 80th birthday. That's fine, except he can taste the slightest hint of alcohol. I was going to use the Dark Chocolate Mudcake from CC but don't know what to replace the whisky with, I don't want to have a bland cake.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Is the Dark Chocoalte Mudcake recipe you're referring to, one of mine? If you are, then you can easily replace the whiskey with water, it will work still, and will still taste good. The secret is to use a really nice quality cocoa. Good luck.
cheers
Nati

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 9:45am
post #3 of 4

Yeah it is yours Nati I've made it before and it was yummy. I'll make it with water. I use Nestle or Cadbury cocoa not homebrands so it should work. Thanks for the info.
Lyn

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 4

Yes i have made this i must say it is beautiful. i use to use nestle and cadbury but i have now found that they have become much lighter in colour so now i use homebrand or sunvalley cocoa, as they seem to be darker, Have no idea what the company have done to our cocoa, i throught it was just me but ive meet other parents who bake for my childs school and they too found that brand much lighter, we live in the country and theres only 26 kids in the school so we have to do things to keep our kiddies school going, thanks for the great recipe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%