Decorating By gibson Updated 11 Oct 2006 , 1:16am by FancyLayne23

Lillybelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lillybelle Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 12:50am
post #31 of 48

Cute! I love the stripes.

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:21am
post #32 of 48

I'm so jealous! icon_cry.gif I want one, too! Congratulations!

Here's a shelving unit my dh put up in our kitchen, which has saved me lots of dents & scrapes on my pans. I hope you can see these pics? It runs all along one wall, above everything else. It's out of the way, but easy to reach. It's wire, so I can see from below where the pan is that I need to get. I love it! (it looks messy in the picture, but I'm just a messy person icon_confused.gif )
LL

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:37am
post #33 of 48

I have to say "I'm pea green with envy".
This will come soon for me, but not till I get
2 cakes a week.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:44am
post #34 of 48

Oh I'm so glad the colors turned out great! I know you were worried about the colors after we tried them on the brochures, but I think they look fabulous together! Good luck! And by the way, I am SO JEALOUS too!

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:51am
post #35 of 48

Great Job! I want it! We have been considering for quite some time now to buy or build a house with a basement so I can do this. Like you said, our kitchen is visible when you walk in and I can destroy a room when I bake and decorate. I would love to have a room to serve this purpose. Out of Sight and Out of Mind!

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:56am
post #36 of 48

Your room is adorable!! I am definetly on the jealousy wagon!!

My cake things are spread all over the house! I would love to have a room like that. The colors make it look like a cute bakery or sandwich shop (there is one in town here that has those colors!).

We have a new house and we need to finish our basement and a cake room would be a great idea!!!

One thing that I have considered when I get a room like that is a peg board. You can hang so many things on it. I save the bags and packages that every thing comes in so when I use it, I package it back up and most things would be perfect to hang.

For now, everything is in plastic containers and cabinets. Cabinet in the basement, plastic containers in the bed rooms, kitchen ...

Good luck with your room and I can't wait to see the finished product!!

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:04am
post #37 of 48

i have an idea for the pan storage, just wish i had the room to do it...
i went to a lady's house who had a huge selection of cake pans. in her room she had ran heavy duty string around the edges of her celing. then she has s hooks through the hole in the pans and attached to the rope. the pans were high up out of the way, but they were easy to see what each pan was and easy to get only one down one at time without having to dig for them icon_rolleyes.gif
btw, your room looks great!!

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:16am
post #38 of 48

i'm with everyone else! i'm jealous and i absolutely love your colors! that is about the same color scheme i chose for my business. now i just need to find a commercial space to start being legal.

JMama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMama3 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:21am
post #39 of 48

Whew whew!!Love it!!! The stripes give me an idea with a blue stripe too!!! Luck you!

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:44am
post #40 of 48

For pan storage (mainly character pans) I hung a peg board in the garage and bought these 6 in. hooks from home depot. They fit right into the peg board and I was able to hang 5 or 6 pans on each hook! (and it was only .94 for a 3 pack of hooks!)
So, now, I have 12 hooks full of pans and they are totally out of my way!

Shaelyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaelyn Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:14am
post #41 of 48

Simply beautiful! I love the color choices and the neat chair! Great job! I'm sure you'll create many memories and fantastic cakes. icon_smile.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:25am
post #42 of 48

Thank you all! What wonderful ideas for the pans! I will be discussing with my husband and I'm sure we'll use a combination.

The room is only 12x16 so really it's quite small so, I'm worried once everything is in there, there won't be any room for me LOL!

We'll see how it all works out and I will show pictures of the final room.

Thanks again!

Tammy

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:48am
post #43 of 48

Tammy ... your cake room looks great!! I love the colors! You're going to love having that separate room! I'm joining the jealousy club!! icon_lol.gif Can't wait to see pictures of the finished room!!!! thumbs_up.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 6:41am
post #44 of 48

I had acquired what is called a proof box years ago, it had a humidifier in it for proofing breads and rolls. Since I kinda got out of the bread thing and more into the cakes, I had my DH take out the humidifier and I now use it for storage my cake pans. I bought alot of full sheet pans that fit in there perfectly and I use them as shelves. The door closes so no one has to see all the pans. It is narrower then a fridge, and works great. You might find something like this at a restaurant auction. Besides I don't have to worry about the pans getting dust on them. It holds a ton of pans.

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 7:29pm
post #45 of 48

how exciting......your room looks awesome!! i absolutely LOVE the colors!! i can't till they can get started on mine!!

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 7:37pm
post #46 of 48

Very, very cute - I'm jealous.

CakePhun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePhun Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 7:38pm
post #47 of 48

your room is totally Fab darling!! It looks like a candy store! Perfect ... way to go thumbs_up.gif

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 1:16am
post #48 of 48

Looks great. I love the colors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%