Hello
Im making a spiderman cake and the iccing is turning out way to pink

I used a bottle of the no taste red and its not dark or red enough

9 replies
bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 10

That is why I use Americolor.
The only suggestion that I have is to make a new batch of buttercream and add some cocoa and get it brown and start over. I used the red kool-aid when I made mine and the kids DID not like it at all. That is all I know, sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
BUY AMERICOLOR, you will love it and you can order it right here

hhhhhh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhhhhh Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 10

yeah the cake is due tomorrow

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 10

I made a spiderman cake and I used just about a whole bottle of no taste red and it was fine.......it still looked like a pretty deep pink but within a few hours it was nice and red!!!!

bransmom Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 10

On your new batch, use the Wilton red & try some food coloring. I have used regular food coloring and it didn't change mine at all. sorry, I hate it when I am pressed like that. It makes it worse.
Leave that batch sitting out or add some cocoa powder, I don't know what it will do, but it is worth a try.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 10

On my lady bug cake, I used notaste red and it was almost electric pink. So I added one drop of brown and it was perfect!

Stephanie

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 10

I second the Americolor. I was making a lightning mcqueen cake and I had the same issues with wiltons red-red and black. The next day I bought americolor and added it to my dark pink and dark grey and within minutes I had and excellent red and blackest black. I will NEVER use wilton again.

jessireb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessireb Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 10

I was going to mention brown or a tad of black. It will deepen in color as it sits. Red and black or horrible colors to get just right, but with patience it will happen.

bransmom Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:57pm
post #9 of 10

I second that, I am slowly using what I have and never again will I buy it. I have to make a Pittsburgh Steelers cake this weekend and am so glad that I have Americolor. I love that stuff.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:07pm
post #10 of 10

This happened to me.. I had to go buy Wilton Red Color Spray icing... It worked great!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%