Utah Cake Decorators

Decorating By toristreats Updated 16 Nov 2006 , 6:27am by Ishi

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 2:03am
post #1 of 13

I was just wondering how many of ya'll are from Utah and how you got started? I'm just beginning and I love Cake Central.

12 replies
Fahina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fahina Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:11am
post #2 of 13

I'm from UTAH....yahoo......love the behive state. Sorry, just saw your post. I'm a newbie too....where exactly are you at......me.....here right smack in midvale. Well, howdy to you!!!!!!

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:27am
post #3 of 13

Hi!

I live in Orem. There are a few other Utah CC members I've discovered...TrisCorey, Katydidz, and Keliames...I'm sure there are more.

I've been decorating for about 7 years. I haven't taken any classes--I learned from books, the internet (love Cake Central!) and that nasty teacher Trial and Error. icon_smile.gif

I don't sell my cakes. I'm just not organized enough to manage family and baking more than once in a while, plus I don't want to go to the expense of getting a commercial kitchen. It's a fun hobby though! I love being able to make fun birthday cakes for my girls and make wedding cakes for gifts to family.

I would love to have a Utah cake club someday. I don't know if I'm the one to put it together (see above mention of lack of organization!), but it would be great to be able to get together with local decorators from time to time and share ideas.

Holly

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:36am
post #4 of 13

I'm from Cedar City, waaaaay down south!! Hey fellow Utahns!!

TrisCorey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrisCorey Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 3:29am
post #5 of 13

Hey, I am in Sandy. I am so happy to have companions close by.

toristreats - I have always been baking and experimenting, but never really decorated cakes. I was given a cake decorating class a couple of years ago for Christmas and have been totally addicted ever since. I have been so grateful to have found this sight. It has a lot of useful information and everyone is so willig to help and give great advice. Where are you at in Utah? I am still a newbie at this site and I just love it.

Hello to everybody else in Utah. Please PM me if you are interested in starting a cake decorating club. It would be great to have something like that in Utah.

Tris

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 4:08am
post #6 of 13

I'm in "Way" West Jordan. I love cake decorating and I love CC. My first intro to cake decorating was my sister's wedding cake...yes a wedding cake. I know I'm crazy. I practically have checked out all the books in the public library on cake decorating. I've also taken Wilton 1 and am currently taking Wilton 2. I would love to do a cake club, but would have to wait until I'm done with my cake classes, because I'm also involved in the West Jordan Symphony and a book club. I think one more thing might put my hubby over the edge.

I'm so glad to find other CC addicts here in Utah.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 4:13am
post #7 of 13

Hey y'all - I hope you don't mind me butting in, even though I'm not from Utah. I love it there, my dad is serving a mission at the Genealogy library in SLC and I just spent a few days visiting him before we headed out East to Tennessee.

Anyway - just a note, if you are interested in starting a cake club, contact ICES. They have a bunch of information about starting a cake club that will help you get started. icon_biggrin.gif

Love my Utah friends!

Rachel

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 13

I'm not from Utah either, but visited last month! My sister lives in Saint George and my I have three borhter in laws and one sister in law in the Salt Lake and Provo area. I'm so jealous of the fall weather they were having out there!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 13

Holy cow!!! (LOL) I am here in Utah too! I live in Clinton, which is about 40 miles north of SLC, but west - near the lake. Happy to hear that there are so many decorators here. I have been decorating for about 5 years, and I just started teaching the Wilton classes last week. I love the idea of a Utah decorator's club!! I can't imagine where to begin something like that, but we should try!!

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 8:11pm
post #10 of 13

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Ogden from Syracuse. I have been doing cakes for a few years and love it. My goal is to open a bakery one of these days. I would love to be involved with a cake club also. Beckysue, where are you teaching wilton? Anyway, I am excited to finally see people around Utah here. Keli

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 2:26am
post #11 of 13

Hey - sorry I haven't checked this post in a while....
I am teaching Wilton at a store called For Your Kitchen in the Newgate Mall. (The only entrance is on the outside of the mall.....) I live in Clinton (right next to Syracuse) what took you to Ogden?

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 4:38am
post #12 of 13

Hello. I live in Bountiful, Utah. I took my first Wilton class a year ago because my co-workers kept telling me my cakes and treats were delicious and they thought I could make my hobby into a living. I'm still not doing cakes as living but they love reaping the benefits of me practicing. I, honestly, use baking as a stress reliever from my job.

Don't forget Nov. 17 & 18 is the Utah Chocolate Show at South Towne Expo Center. I want to sign up for the chocolate sculpture class but I don't want to spend the money on class, I just want to buy chocolate! I might have to call in an early christmas present from my mother. icon_biggrin.gif

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 6:27am
post #13 of 13

Hey all! I'm in Utah, too. I'm in Lehi but I was born and raised in WV. I came out to BYU in 1997 and met and married my amazing husband and we settled here in Utah (even though he's originally from back East, too.) I have two little boys and have just started really getting into the cake decorating thing. I just love the look on a child's face when they see the cake for the first time. If I could just bottle that feeling I get! I love the idea of a cake decorating club. It would be great to hang with some other cakeys.

By the way, anyone know what it would take to be a licensed home bakery in UT? Just curious.

Oh and fmandds- see you at the chocolate show! What could be better, right?!

*alicia*

Great to meet you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%