What A Day..

Lounge By sarzoemom Updated 9 Oct 2006 , 12:48pm by Sparklepop

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:42am
post #1 of 8

It is after midnight and I am sitting here looking at CC. My eyes are so tired that I have shooting pains in them but here I am. I have been up since 5AM because I had to take the DH to the airport this morning. I made coffee and put milk in it and drank 2 sips to realize the milk was sour!!! AGH! Had to do 2 birthday cakes today (the 3rd and fourth cake of a 5 cake weekend). Realized I needed boxes. Was going to go to the store but it was pouring rain and i have 2 little ones in tow. I waited til it stopped only to have it coming down in buckets when I got out and the parking lot was flooded. Got home and couldn't find my cell phone. I remembered hearing a thud noise while in Michael's so I went back to the store. I searched the aisle and had the clerk call my phone 3 times. Nothing. So I went out and retraced my steps in the sitll pouring rain. Found it! In a puddle...sigh. Brought it home and put it in the still warm oven to dry out. (this is a long one but I need to talk). Started getting a sore throat and chills and now have a fever of 100 and still have a cake to do tomorrow for a Halloween party at my Bunko group, which I can't even go to because my sitter is sick. So I am making a cake to take to the party and leave. Then before bed, My 3 year old tells me she has an earache. On a Saturday. No doctor until Monday. Push the tylenol. And here I sit, at 12:42 getting ready to look at more cakes on CC. It is time to call the guys with the white coats... icon_cry.gif

7 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:58am
post #2 of 8

You poor thing!!! What a day indeed!!! I can only hope that tomarrow will be a mirical day that you and the kids are all well and that the sitter says, "I feel better, go ahead and bring the kids." I hope you took some Tylenol for yourself as well to help with the fever. Ni-Quil always does the trick for me. I wake up good as new in the moring.

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:39am
post #3 of 8

Oh honey, what a lousy day! I hope you feel better soon. Keep taking in lots of fluids. Water, orange juice, chicken broth. And try to get some rest. I know that is asking the imposible as a mom, but try a little!

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 8

Oh you poor thing, nothing worse than all this happening in the pouring rain. Hope you feel much better in the morning, look after yourself (yeah right, you're a mum) hope DH isn't away too long. How about you send the rain down here (we're in major drought).

Showing my ignorance what's a Bunko group I haven't heard that one before.

My best wishes to you.

sarzoemom Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 8

THanks everyone. Yes I am feeling better after a night's rest. And I think the kiddies are feeling better too. They are entertaining themselves which is always a goodthing.

Sparklepop- Bunko is a dice game. I have 12 friends that meet on the second Monday of every month and we eat, drink and laugh alot. And play Bunko. Then at the end of the night, we get prizes for differant things like most wins, most losses, most Bunkos, etc. It is alot of fun. I told them I would bring the cake this time and then my husband had to go out of town and won't be back until Tuesday. Oh well. I will post a pic of the cake when it is done. (if it turns out like I want).

It is so nice that they have a place here where we can not only ask questions but just whine a little when we are having a bad day.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 8

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. As I was reading your first post, I felt your pain. I was getting sadder at each sentence!!!! Do you still have a fever? Good luck with the other cake, and I can't wait to see it!!!

sarzoemom Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 11:48am
post #7 of 8

Pootchi,
No, the fever is gone thanks for asking. Now the only pain I have is 2 little girls that have colds too and a husband that is away and is sick too.
The cake is done too. It is in the gallery under Holidays Halloween. I thought it was cute. I made the witch after looking at some whimsical stickers that my daughter has for Halloween. No cakes until next week so I can recover a bit, although I think I will make a "Christmas" holiday cake as a trial run for my husbands homecoming on Wed. What is a week without cake!

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 12:48pm
post #8 of 8

Glad to see you're feeling better. I'm sure you're glad DH is away if he is sick, men are always sicker than anyone else LOL.
Bunko sounds like a lot of fun hope you're well enought to go to that I'm sure it will make you feel heaps better.
Look after yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%