Packaging

Baking By Peeverly Updated 9 Oct 2006 , 1:44pm by Peeverly

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you could help me with a question on packaging. For those of you who attach a card on to your package that says "It's a Girl" or "Happy Birthday" or for wedding favors, etc. how is this done? I usually put my cookies in a clear bag I get from Michaels and then tie them with curling ribbon. I would like to make some baby cookies for my friend's baby shower but I don't know how to seal the bag and attach the card at the top. Any help I can get would be great.

Thanks!

Susan

P.S. This forum is awesome!!!

9 replies
DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 10

You could do a tag with a hole punched in it and tie it on when you attach the ribbon. Or you could do a folded in half tag, then fold over the top of the bag and staple it shut with the tag covering it. Those are a few ways I have seen done a lot.

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 10

I hole punch the card, thread the ribbon thru and tie.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 2:49am
post #4 of 10

I just got a vacuum sealer and it works great to seal those little bags, then I just place a decorated tag on top and staple it or glue it. thumbs_up.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 2:56am
post #5 of 10

You could make the tags on your computer, punch hole and then tie with dec ribbon or use sticky tags and just put those on the top.

Peeverly Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:39am
post #6 of 10

Thanks everyone for your answers. Melanie, where did you get the vaccuum sealer? That sounds great. Was it expensive?

Suki

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:30am
post #7 of 10

It's great! I got it off of Amazon. It's a FoodSaver V2860. I actually purchased a cheaper model but the people said it was all sold out so they sent me then next higher one! Talk about great deal! I paid 140.00 for a new one. I think the model they sent me retails for about 220.00.

I love the Pulse function on it. It allows me to control how much air is vacuumed out of the bag and then I just seal away! LOL icon_lol.gif

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 10

I have the Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer I purchase several years ago and its been sitting under the cabinet collecting dust. I never thought of using it to seal my cookies! Duh!!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 1:42pm
post #9 of 10

I made baby announcement cookies and I just got some scrapbooking paper......cut it to the width of the cello bags I was using for the cookies. I folded the cookie bag over a couple of times to close it and stapled it shut...then just folded the paper in half and stapled it to the bag. I wrote "it's a girl" before I attached the paper.

Peeverly Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 1:44pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks everyone. These ideas are great!

Suki

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%