Edible Butterflies

Decorating By imbkay13 Updated 6 Oct 2006 , 5:40pm by mommykicksbutt

imbkay13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imbkay13 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 2

I want to try edible butterflies(instructions from this site). It says to use rice/wafer paper, not sure if I'll be able to find it, but a store in town carries spring roll wraps, does anyone know if this is comparable, I haven't seen either so I have nothing to compare it to?
Thanks,
Brenda

1 reply
mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 2

no, that won't work for this. Rice paper is actually potato starch sheets, and spring roll wrappers are a flour based dough and are made very differently and have very different properties from rice paper. I highly recommend obtaining the rice paper and not using the spring roll wrappers.

There are many suppliers on the Internet that you can order rice paper from if your local cake decorating supply store doesn't carry them or is unwilling to order them for you. I get mine from www.doitwithicing.com I just call the owner (Linda) and tell her want I want. If she doesn't already have it in the store, she will find it and get it for me. She's awesome! She and her wonderful staff will also answer any questions you may have too about techniques, products, skills, etc even if you aren't buying anything! Tell Linda "April" send ya! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%