3-D Football Cake

Decorating By estherwheat Updated 8 Oct 2006 , 3:32pm by estherwheat

estherwheat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherwheat Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:24am
post #1 of 8

I did it! I finished my 3-D Football cake tonight for the high school's football hospitality room tomorrow night. I need to feed about a million people with it! It isn't exactly what I had started out for, but just as good. I wanted to "tee" the football up but chickened out. I think that if I ever do that I will use the sports ball pan and a 6" round so that it is stacking in the correct direction to start with. This is 2 half footballs put together.

The grass is really fun to do with the "grass tip" I had not intended to do the entire cake, but my first attempt at FBCT broke and I couldn't use it as I had planned. I suppose I need more work on that!

Well, here it is. I know it isn't perfect, but for a 3'X 1 1/2' cake, it isn't too bad! (It is a monster and weighs a ton!) icon_biggrin.gif
LL

7 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:26am
post #2 of 8

Great Job!

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 8:18am
post #3 of 8

Awesome job! You should feel very proud thumbs_up.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 11:08am
post #4 of 8

Great cake thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 8

Excellent job!

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 8

Great job with the cake.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 8

That's fantastic! I may have to attempt something like that for our Homecoming game next week.

-Lisa

estherwheat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherwheat Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 3:32pm
post #8 of 8

We won the game Friday night in double overtime... very exciting game. The 1st Annual Hall of Fame induction was wonderful and I got rave reviews on the cake and 4 Cake Orders! Yippee!!!! Homecoming is in two weeks and I will do two cakes instead of this huge one that we almost couldn't get in the room!!! Thanks for your nice comments. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%