?'s Michigan Ices Sugar Art Competition

Decorating By tiptop57 Updated 12 Aug 2007 , 3:38am by lilie

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 9

Regarding the Michigan ICES Sugar Art Competition, there doesn't seem to be any event photo's in the gallery. Has anybody attended this event? And if so, do you know where I can find some photo's online? Also, how well attended has this event been in the past?
TIA icon_wink.gif

8 replies
tiptop57 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:13am
post #2 of 9

Anyone? Oh come on....... someone from CC has to have attended this in the past........

tiptop57 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 9

Third day without a reply icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Oh come on, someone has to know something about Michigan ICES........

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 9

Tiptop, which Michigan ICES sugar art competition are you referring to? The Great Lakes mini-classes? That was the last big event we had. Next weekend is the who-ha in Lansing, followed by the DOS in October (Lindy Smith won't be appearing though... icon_cry.gif ) Other than that I'm not sure what you are referring to.

tiptop57 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 9

Oh thank you bobwonderbuns......this is the one I am refering to........I live in Minnesota it would be a 10 hour drive and I would like the trip to be worth it......

http://www.michiganices.com/
2008 Michigan ICES Sugar Art Competition under contents.....

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9

Well I'm not the expert by any means on this because I've only attended one ICES event EVER, but I will share with you that I do know some of the members of Michigan ICES and have studied with some of them and offhand, just based on their work and personalities alone, I think the trip would be well worth it. I can PM you some members names privately who are more involved with this event if you would like. And remember, ICES started right here in Michigan, so it's like coming home -- those in the know told me that the Michigan events have a special flavor to them as it were. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 9

O, sorry this is the first time catching this. They haven't held a competition for a couple (few maybe) years so, I don't think they have any photos from back then. If you email
Michaelle Stidham at [email protected] or
Diane Simmons and [email protected]

I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer any questions. It may not be till next week that you hear from either because they are both holding classes this weekend in Lansing.

tiptop57 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 9

Ohhhh that explains why I can't find any history on the event.......thank you so much!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #9 of 9

Michigan does Cake contests?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%