Ahhh Help!

Decorating By DelectableCreations Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 12:51am by leily

DelectableCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelectableCreations Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 4

I'm going completely nuts with this order I have next week. The woman wants a Skydiving theme for her son. First she wanted a cake... then she wanted a small cake and cupcakes... now she only wants cupcakes! Which was FINE.... because I could still do the idea we had agreed upon. I was going to use my airbrush to make a sky scene along with some whipped icing for clouds, and some cute little paratroopers i ordered to put on each cupcake... well now she only wants cupcakes.. but she wants CHOCOLATE icing. I told her that having choc. icing would make it very difficult to create the sky effect since brown + anything = BROWN.but she doesn't seem to get it.

So now.. after all this complaining, i'm asking for some help with all your creative minds on how to fix this disaster. I was thinking that maybe I should put choc icing thin on the top of the cupcake..and then maybe put blue fondant over..and make clouds,etc on top the cupcakes.. but i'm not sure how i think that is going to look (certainly not how i imagined the original idea coming out Crying or Very sad )

please please help me think of something creative and nice looking! i'm beyond stressed out and she wants to know a.s.a.p what i came up with... i'm at a total loss!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ALLOWING ME TO WHINE! Laughing ALL SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

3 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 4

some customers just have no vision......could you use white choc and then you could colour it....

if she still wants brown.....your skydivers will be doing their first night time jump...lol

good luck...let us know what she decides!!!!

gretch77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gretch77 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:02am
post #3 of 4

I think you would have to do fondant. I would do it like you said.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%