Finally Braved Mmf

Decorating By freddie Updated 4 Oct 2006 , 11:40pm by freddie

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 6

Well I finally braved MMF icon_smile.gif and amazingly it wasn't as hard or scary as I thought it would be and certainly tasted way better than I thought it would !!! Did have a few trials with it though, icon_mad.gif as in I missed the crisco on the hands and counter first time and used Icing Sugar instead not so good but I wised up and went on the site to look up further directions and that made all the difference. Didn't harden as fast as I would have liked but now I know. I used too much buttercream under the ball cap so you can see finger marks and dents but not to bad for a first timer. icon_razz.gif Loved using the Food Color Writers on it on the CD and DVD. Used a Cookie cutter for the towels on the Baby Shower cake and that certainly was easy, but definately need more practice sculpting, baby took more work than it should have.

Any other suggestions or advice would be welcome thumbs_up.gif , thanks for taking a look !!!

Pictures are posted in my photos now.

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 6

you just used a food color pen to write on the cd and dvd??? and the AC/DC on the hat??? they look incredible!!!! Did you freehand that??? No way!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 6

You did incredible for your first fondant!!! Those are some great cakes!!

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 6

That looks great. I tried to make MMF once, but then I decided to just buy it premade.

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 6

those cakes look great!!!!! fantastic job on your first mmf!!!!

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the input everyone !!!

Yes the food color pens were used on the DVD, Concert Tickets, CD, and Ball Cap. My sons best friend who I call 'My Other Son' did the drawings on them freehand for me as he is a big AC/DC fan and wanted to help me out, thank goodness as I am lousy at drawing. The DVD and Concert tickets were completely done with the pens on fondant. The CD was done all with the pens except the white inner line in the Razors Edge title was piped buttercream. The Ball Cap was outlined in food colour pen and then I filled in with Yellow and Orange Buttercream.

The fondant certainly worked better than I expected and made more than I thought it would, one can't argue with the cost of it either. Still not sure I would cover a whole cake with it but for accessorising it works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%