Neiman Marcus Is Selling...

Decorating By snarkybaker Updated 9 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm by 2sdae

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 18

Cake Balls icon_surprised.gif . Can you believe it ?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod42180035&parentId=cat13820750&masterId=cat13820745&index=7&cmCat=cat000000cat000553cat3520822cat13820745cat13820750
I always thought of cake balls as one of those homey recipes, like meatloaf, not Neiman Marcus fare.

17 replies
cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 18

Oh my gosh ... that's nuts!!! I would also have never guessed that we'd see cake balls at Neiman Marcus! I'm surprised they call them cake balls and not cake truffles or something like that. Looks like the food people at NM have been lurking at CC!! icon_lol.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 18

3 dozen for $75. That's it, I'm upping my prices!! thumbs_up.gif

Of course they are lurking...CC has become so popular, if it is listed on Duff's site, everyone is bound to see it eventually!! icon_biggrin.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 18

Yea, cake balls rock!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 18

75$ OMG my prices just went up are you kidding me!!!! They must be made with Godiva Chocolate!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 18

ok this is hilarious!!!
And here is why, when i first mentoned to my soon to be new assitsant that I would loike to incorporate cake balls in our regular rotation rather than just tossing all the cake scraps she said to me verbaitum "uggh cakeballs?? that sounds scary" with a curled up lip and disgusted look on her face. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I was very put out by this reaction and being the stubborn cow that I am it made me flat out decide that we WILL be offering these goodies for sale just because of her reaction, casue that's just the kind of turkey I am icon_wink.gif
Can I tell you how empowering it will be to be able to look her in the face and say "Guess what NEIMAN MARCUS is selling!!"
Thank you thank you thank you for the heads up thumbs_up.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 18

Uggg!! Copy kats!!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 18

I can't wait to send this to a friend of mine. she was the only one who asked why I was charging sooo much for cakeballs. Mine are $1 each.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm
post #9 of 18

Yep I must say Price Increase is in the near future lol. I've been selling Cake TRUFFLES ever since I started making them lol. I gave them as gifts at christmas and when everyone raved about them I let them know they were available for purchase just like a normal cake but they were going to be a little costly. Well now that NM is selling them and someone else is selling them too I forget who though... I think we can get away with selling them for a little more then we currently do lol. Currently my prices are set at

$8 a dozen
$10 in decorative packaging
$15 for 2 dozen
$18 for decorative packaging

$1 a piece with liqueur.

But this will be going up.... majorly lmao maybe even $14.00 a dozen, $17.00 for decorative packaging, and so on... and the ones with liqueur in them would be upped to $2.00 a piece just because it's so darn expensive to buy the liqueur lol.

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:03pm
post #10 of 18

Wonder what's in them... 3 week shelf life... icon_confused.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:06pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyallison

I will have to point that out to my friend too. icon_lol.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:15pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyallison

I was just thinking the same thing ... icon_lol.gificon_confused.gif

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 18

I can't believe they're getting almost $2.50 each for them (including the $14.50 s/h)!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:47am
post #14 of 18

It says 3 week shelf life REFRIGERATED. 3 month shelf life FROZEN. So how the heck do they ship them and they still be good? In dry ice maybe, ha ha? icon_smile.gif It's warm here in Texas, so I'm thinking by the time they arrived they would be cake blobs, not balls!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:08am
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongemomsweatpants

...Can I tell you how empowering it will be to be able to look her in the face and say "Guess what NEIMAN MARCUS is selling!!"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Will you sell tickets? I'd love to watch!!

How incredible....something that is made with "cake scraps" has just been given validation by a company that excels in quality and customer service! thumbs_up.gifparty.gif

Those who sell cake balls should print out that page on the NM website with a sign that says "Don't like my price? You can always order them from here!"

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:28am
post #16 of 18

I just made some cake balls for the first time...yummy! I wonder who makes NM's and what they put in them...wow thats one heck of a gift to get in the mail almost 100 bucks after said and done

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:43am
post #17 of 18

Since finding out about cake balls I have sold some to several people. I always feel guilty about 10.00 a dozen....not anymore!!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdqueen

3 dozen for $75. That's it, I'm upping my prices!! thumbs_up.gif

Of course they are lurking...CC has become so popular, if it is listed on Duff's site, everyone is bound to see it eventually!! icon_biggrin.gif

I so totally just said the same thing!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%