What Can You Make With The Oval Pans?

Decorating By 7yyrt Updated 15 Oct 2006 , 12:28pm by boonenati

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 21

I have the set from Course 2, and found one of the next size up ( for $1 at the used store!). icon_biggrin.gif
What can I make other than a basket, jewelry box or a bathtub?
H E L P ! please...put sad-eyed puppy here... icon_lol.gif

20 replies
ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 21

I would use them to make a butterfly. Bigger ovals for top part of wings and smaller ovals for lower part of wings. Trim to fit and make a middle. Ooo...now I want those pans! icon_biggrin.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 21

I just searched for oval in the gallery and came up with tons! I liked the banana split, rocket & easter egg and thats just the first page. Now I need the oval pans, hehe. Go see icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=oval

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 21

I've done 2 wedding cakes with my set.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 21

You can also do a purse/make-up bag

tammiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammiemarie Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 21

I made a frog face once with the little ball pan for eyes, it was cute, sorry, no photo! I also have seen it used to make a baby bassinet, with a MMF arch over the sleeping baby.

bovaritter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bovaritter Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 21

I cut them in half for Halloween "tombstones", and I have made a fish.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 21

Ooh this is fun! I have those pans and I too don't know what to do with them a lot - now I have a TON of ideas! YEAH!

crafty01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crafty01 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 21

Ive used them for a couple of cakes they are a nice size for like 1 or 2 people I layered them with filling in middle. One I decorated with the grapes out of the Wilton course 1 book It was really nice. The other for a friend who likes Blackberries. filled with BB and added bb design about same concept as grapes very nice.

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:38pm
post #10 of 21

I use mine to make my bassinette cake, granted it's still basketweave but it's a very cute baby shower cake. The pictures are in my photos if you want to take a look. For the lid of the bassinette I use teh 3d egg pan as the mold for it....

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:48pm
post #11 of 21

I used the C2 sized ones to make a turkey. icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 21

Thank you for all the ideas!
The small pans are are the perfect size for my small family. I always want to make the marvelous creations I see here, but even if I had the skills, we'd be eating cake for a month!
With THESE, I can make interesting cakes in a small size!
THANK YOU MUCH!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 21

Post some pics and let us see what you come up with. I would love some more inspiration for those pans!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 4:17pm
post #14 of 21

I have made a bassinette, cowboy hat, and noah's ark

7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 12:18am
post #15 of 21

Thanks to all you nice people, I made some interesting cakes from the small oval pans! I made tombstones, and a hot tub! (...imagine little cheerleader pic here...)
I put them in my photos...
Thank you SO MUCH! Kisses, kisses and Hoozahs to you!

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:05am
post #16 of 21

What a great question! I, too, have wondered what else I could use them for...I love their look, but had few ideas. Thanks to all of you for getting my creative juices flowing! PAT

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:37am
post #17 of 21

I was thinking about using the C2 ones to make a pirate ship. Our whole neighborhood is dressing as pirates for a Halloween party and I am going to bring a cake.

I figure with a little carving it would make a cute (and small) pirate ship.

7yyrt Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 5:02am
post #18 of 21

I found this while I was searching. It's a round pan, but an oval could be a shallow-draft vessel - sounds like a nice cake.
LL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:31am
post #19 of 21

What great ideas.

I have these pans, but never really used them - now I'm inspired icon_biggrin.gif

You guys are great thumbs_up.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 7:03am
post #20 of 21

I made a football I left the rounded top on top layer and leveled the bottom. And trimmed alittle off of top edge to shape alittle more like a football. I put the lace on it and the white on the ends. I don't have the picture in photos yet. I also put a Big RED N on it for Nebraska. I donated it for a fundraiser. The women it was for started to cry when she saw it. Her husband had passed away tragically and the fundraiser was to help her pay medical bills. He was a HUGE HUSKER fan. She loved the thought so much. I heard the cake went high at the auction because it was HUSKERS.

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 12:28pm
post #21 of 21

My oval pans are my favourite. Here are the cakes i've made with them. I have a set of three. I use the large and small ones more than the middle one.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-13345.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-50619.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-43994.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-25893.html

I have instructions on how to make the Lightning McQueen cake using the oval pan on the following link, just click on "Making a 3d car"
http://www.how2cakes.com

I can't wait till someone wants me to make them a multi tiered oval wedding cake!!!!
Nati

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%