Ot: All I Can Say Is Wow!!

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 5 Oct 2006 , 6:01am by yassy

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 25

Wow!! Look at the astronomical number of people that are now coming to CC everyday!!! That is soooooo cool! Word has gotten out about how this is such a fantastic website and spread like wildfire. I'm very proud to be a part of this wonderful site. Thank you Jackie and Heath!!! Your baby is growing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

24 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 25

yeah, it's incredible.......just the number of people that have joined since I joined!!! I don't feel like I've been here that long either.....I guess it's all due to the addictiveness!!!! Once they come, they don't leave......and then more people wanna know why their friends are staring at cakes all day....so they come on and then they're stuck....so their family wants to know what they're doing..and it just goes on and on....my mom yells at me everytime I tell her to check out a new cake I've added to CC.....because she said everytime she looks at one she ends up spending 6 hrs. on this site LOL

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 25

My family says the same thing!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 25

I'll tell you what.... everytime I meet someone who wants to learn about cake decorating, I steer them to this site. I tell them, beginner or advanced, that they can start right here and ask any question they want and somebody will have an answer.

Matter of fact, my cake instructor (LOVE HER!) had never heard of CC, but I told her to come and check it out... of the 8 or so students in her class, I know a few have checked the site out. Shje thinks I'm funny, thanks to CC... she was talking about teaching the class how to make roses on a stick and I came to CC, downleaded the instructions and gave them to her to pass out to the class. So much info here... how can one NOT like it?

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 25

I have to say that this is the most wonderful site I have every been on and am happy to be a part of this growing family. I have to admit, yesterday...when CC was down, I decided to go look on the Wilton Forum (that I used to look at occasionally)....I felt like I was cheating on CC. I had to have some type of diversion until CC came back up. I have to admit, I was quite disappointed in the simplistic design of Wilton's Forum versus CC. This site has SO much more to offer. No wonder it has so many members.

Thanks Heath and Jackie, for opening my eyes to a whole new world of cake decorating!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 25

Everywhere that I go I talk about cake. Next thing out of my mouth is Cakecentral.com.

This site is incredible. Absoutly incredible!!

Thank you Jackie & Heath. I would not be where I am in my cake life with out this site thumbs_up.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:38pm
post #7 of 25

My husband and kids LOVE the this site as it gives me incentives to make and bake more! The only down side is I have a $6000 sewing machine sitting that is being neglected since I've joined here!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:43pm
post #8 of 25

I ..too,love this site!!It is the one I am on the most every day....I've bought quite a bit too.It has definetly encoraged me to go outside the box and try different things.Thanks Heath and Jackie!!!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 2:33pm
post #9 of 25

That is AWESOME!!! I love it here too and am here many times during the day and uh night icon_redface.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 2:40pm
post #10 of 25

I KNOW!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I was blown away with over 500 at one time and then yesterday I saw over 700!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I wondered why such a boom all of a sudden then I thought the holidays are upon us and what better place to get ideas then here on CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:20pm
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy

I KNOW!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I was blown away with over 500 at one time and then yesterday I saw over 700!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I wondered why such a boom all of a sudden then I thought the holidays are upon us and what better place to get ideas then here on CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

I get goose bumps just thinking about the CC Boom! Silly huh? LOL It's like the feeling you get when you are proud of your child! LOL

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:28pm
post #12 of 25

I love this site!! You will too, the more you want to know the more you come here to find it. I started at the Wilton site and saw a post from Squirrlley cakes about CC and have not went back. Everyone is so helpful and kind. Its fun to talk to other people that know what your talking about and don't think your goofy talking about cakes all the time icon_lol.gif

sugarlaced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlaced Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:30pm
post #13 of 25

Something funny, I used to complain that all my husband and 15 y/o som talked about was hunting...now they are complaining that all I talk about is what I have saw and/or learned from CC...I'm addicted!!! Thanks for all the contributions. party.gif

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:36pm
post #14 of 25

I know what you mean Lazy_Susan~I'm so proud to be a part of something so wonderful and to know that "I" personally have helped make it what it is today!!! Everyone on here has helped in their own personal way and I thank everyone for that!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Amy

cakegurl06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegurl06 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:38pm
post #15 of 25

I was in a cake shop the other day and the clerk was trying to help a customer who was asking for a recipe for a certain flavor icing. The clerk couldn't help her so I chimed in: "Try Cake Central!"
They both asked me what Cake Central was, and I said "just check it out" and gave them the site address. Then I chuckled to myself because I knew they were goners too! hee hee
Every morning at work I log on to my computer and then go right to CC to see new pics and forums. I love this site!!!

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:38pm
post #16 of 25

When I became addicted to CC, (after um, about an hour icon_redface.gif ) my hubby complained about all the time I spent online.

Guess who I caught on CC last night? icon_lol.gif

He doesn't have a screen name. Yet. icon_wink.gif

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:51pm
post #17 of 25

cakegurl~Is that your cat!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My cat used to do that now he's too fat!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif They are so funny!!!!

Amy

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:52pm
post #18 of 25

hockeygirl~Now that's funny!!!!!!! See what you did!!! icon_wink.gif

Amy

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:57pm
post #19 of 25

I love this site. From those of us who can't get to formal classes, I salute you. This place is a godsend. I'm trying to teach myself and it's really hard because there's no one there to say "You're holding that at the wrong angle" or "You're using too much pressure". At least here, all us newbies have a support group to help us through our failures and congratulate us on our accomplishments. Thanks!

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:09pm
post #20 of 25

I just had to come out of my status as a "lurker" to say I love this site. I started at the wilton site and saw a post about cc, since then I rarely go back. Yesterday when cc was down for maintenance I tried wilton and it just is not satisifying. CC has so much to offer and thank god I have all the time to explore. icon_razz.gif

~*~Casey[/i]

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:21pm
post #21 of 25

I use to look at Wilton's site but they just don't update it often enough. I just browse Wilton sie but I love looking at CC.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:25pm
post #22 of 25

I too adore this place. When I'm lonely I just log on and know that someone will be here. I've learned so much as I dont have any courses near me. Last night I actually sat in front of my screen with my tootsie rolls and wax paper and made my first tootsie roll rose while reading the tutorial lol my husband said it turned out great and then I showed him the pic on here with the beautiful ones that are on those choclate cake. He's a chocoholic so now he wants to know where's the cake that goes under the rose lol. So today I'm gonna make the cake and practice some other things I learned on here thanks to you all. It also gives me a nice feeling when I can help someone else with a question they have. thumbs_up.gif a heartfelt thanks to one and all from me. icon_smile.gif

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:27pm
post #23 of 25

I think the numbers are great! Welcome one and all!!! I remember just 10 thousand or so when I first got on here!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:37pm
post #24 of 25

OMG--Y'all know what I did?

The first day I came here, I was looking for instructions on an icing flower or something like that.

This site pops up in my search engine, and then I saw that people's CAKE PHOTOS were here---omg...that was IT for me! icon_razz.gif

It wasn't until a week or so later, that I saw the "WARNING" sign up in the left corner!

So, I figure Jackie and Heath should put it all across the top of the home page, in blaring ORANGE and RED letters!! And a screeching sound effect to make you look wouldn't hurt, either! icon_twisted.gif lol

Not that it would help... icon_rolleyes.gif

And, as they're getting their "shop" all built up, I'm getting to be a steady customer there, too... thumbs_up.gif

Love Cake Central, y'all. Just love it.

--Knox--

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 6:01am
post #25 of 25

This site is so great! The only problem for me now with so many members is trying to keep up with all the new photoes in the gallery!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%