I Need Help!

Decorating By flowers40 Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 5:07am by flowers40

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 10

I have a wedding cake to do for Sept 1 2007. The bride and groom just got around to picking out the cake they wanted for there Sept 1st wedding date. So much for planning ahead. They chose a cake out of one of my Wilton's cake book. The book was Wilton Wedding Cakes (A Romantic Portfolio). The cake was Romantic Fantasy. I bought this book last year - do I thought all the materials used to make the cakes where up to date. No....the puffed heart pan the used for the heart shaped cakes around the bottom of the cake is discontinued. I did a search for this pan on line, and only came up with one used pan. But the person wanted a heck of a lot of money (probably 5 times what they paid for it). So my question is does anyone know where I can get retired/discontinued wilton's pans for a reasonable price. I don't mind paying some over the orginaly price, but 5 times more is a little much. Thanks everone for your help.

9 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know for sure, sorry. but try ebay, they are great for that sort of stuff. Otherwise, scour garage sales and such. Good luck!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 10

is there anyone near you who has it and would let you borrow it?

Cancook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cancook Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 10

Try supershopper.com???Sites like that you find tons of things. Good luck!
Hope this helps

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:13am
post #5 of 10

The Wilton Puffed Heart pan always sells for a premium price, whether you buy it directly or from an auction, usually about what you estimated. Same for the piano pan and stand.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:17am
post #6 of 10

Some cake supply stores rent pans, that might be an option.

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:17am
post #7 of 10

have you tried Ebay? I would. I find tons of cake needs there. Just search exactly what you are looking for ie: wilton heart shape cake pan and I bet one will pop up!

Good luck!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:45am
post #8 of 10

I know there is a lady on the wilton forums, probably on CC too, but she's advertising on Wilton's forums that she has some retired pans for sale... you may want to scoot over there and contact her and see if she has it. If not here is what I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-Rare-PUFFED-HEART-Cake-Pan-CHEAP-SHIPPING-Tin_W0QQitemZ270119900776QQihZ017QQcategoryZ29802QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

TOhara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOhara Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:27am
post #9 of 10

My local cake supply shop (also a bakery) will let me rent the pans. This lady is great, I give her a $10 deposit and $5 for the pan and I just bring it back within 3 days. Try local bakery/supply shops and see if they have one for rent. Good luck!

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:07am
post #10 of 10

Thanks to all who have replied. Unfortunely, the site I saw the pan for the expensive amount was on Ebay. I've tried everything I can think of, and I appreciate everyone's help as well. I'm going to go back to Ebay to see if maybe I'll get lucky and find the pan a little cheaper. I'm also going to try everyone elses suggestions as well. Thanks to everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%