Sams Club Fall Entertaining Guide

Decorating By mkerton Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 11:49am by midialjoje

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:12pm
post #31 of 41

I have never had my SSN on my lic. the whole time I have been driving...I live in NY. They "steal" everything from us here in the form of taxes!!! Nothing left for the theives!

That stand is cool, and I think you could probably make it so you could connect as many tiers as you needed for any event. Could use 1/4 inch plywood circles with PVC piping through the middle. The PVC could be in sections so that you could connect with joints however many you wanted. It would only look a little bit different. And you could probably skirt around the pvc (with poster board) to give it the "tree" effect of the center becoming wider toward the bottom. Then you could also change the color by changing the "poster board trunk". Depending how you engineer it, you could also make more space between the layers, like leave every other one out.

That little girl is a cutie too...with her pink chuck taylor sneakers!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:25pm
post #32 of 41

Thank you for scanning in that cupcake tree photo!
I let my Sam's Club expire as it was getting very dirty and the cashiers were just throwing things around. I love Costco! Very clean, well stocked and friendly!
But getting back to the 'tree', I love it. Would take some sharp measurements, but how cool would that be for a winter wedding!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 2:19pm
post #33 of 41

This (should be) easy to make! Taken down, it would be only a few inches high and a few large pegs. I'll give the pic to my fiance, and share his insights. Hopefully a pic, too, if he will make it!

This would work for any indifidual plated desert, I would think. Imagine it loaded with candies, slices of pie, cake, cheesecakes, tiramisu, etc. Decorate by putting a tabletop Christmas tree on top, adding ornaments around, too. You could wrap the boards in colored foil, make it a complete tree with the star at the top of the tabletop tree, maybe a few branches. Winter wedding, anyone?

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 5:44pm
post #34 of 41

Zmama, I'm not getting married again just to have this tree for the reception. Find another sucker.

Sign me,

Divorced and still single after 24 years thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 9:22pm
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

Zmama, I'm not getting married again just to have this tree for the reception. Find another sucker.

Sign me,

Divorced and still single after 24 years thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cmon, just one more time?!?!?!

LOL you might not be, but I am, next summer. I think he finally decided on a cookout, sunset wedding, and dessert reception - which would be great with this.

Okay, my fiance says he will write this up, but the basic plan is to have a base with a wooden dowel, as tall as the shortest you would want this, base as wide as the narrowest you would want. Slide a pvc pipe over the wood dowel to make it taller. Then, it's like the child's toy where you slide rings over the middle. Slide a styrofoam block (like a cake dummy), wooden circle, block, circle, etc till you get to the plate at the top. He also said just make sure each styrofoam is smaller than the one before it, and smaller than the plate above.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 12:53am
post #36 of 41

Zmama, Best wishes on your upcoming wedding. Sounds like fun. I just went to my nephew's in NC and I was amazed at the money they spent. My sister paid for the rehearsal dinner at a cost of $3200 plus the cost of the cases of wine and kegs of beer. The bride's mother spent $40,000 on the wedding and reception. I keep looking at the pictures and wondering why. It was not that fancy. My daughter had a beautiful wedding and I didn't spend $2000 and that included her dress, which luckily was on clearance and beautiful.

Tell your fiance to build one of these and then he can advertise them for all of us to buy. icon_lol.gif I think they would be pretty neat to serve off of. I keep thinking about my big Red Hat Regional I am hosting in May. Might have my son take a look at it and see what he thinks. He's pretty good working with wood but not real ambitious!!!!

Hang on to that guy.......sounds like he is a keeper. Best of luck. thumbs_up.gif

Diane

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 12:50pm
post #37 of 41

That is so cute! I can't imagine needing that much food, but I wish I had a place to use it!

tammiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammiemarie Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 1:18pm
post #38 of 41

$40,000! I am always amazed when people spend that kind of cash on a wedding, but then again, if I had the money I might have too!

the cupcake tree is fantastic, thanks for sharing the picture!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:15pm
post #39 of 41

If the center "cone" pieces were hollow, they could nest inside each other like mixing bowls, and not take up too much space when stored...

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 9:40pm
post #40 of 41

SAMS CLUB REMINDER: You can buy their cake decorating supplies! I went in the other weekend and got FIFTY cake boards for less than $12!!! It was awesome! I was so excited. Saved a ton over buying them at Michaels. Had to ask the lady in the bakery and she gave them to me no hassle, the people at the register had no idea what to do with them and had to call timbucktoo or something to track down a price, i was so tickled that I was getting this big package of boards I didn't mind that it took 15 minutes to price them. The manager gave me a phone number 1-559-446-0115 and to ask for Juan or Rose. I haven't called yet... but they are suppose to be able to tell me everything I can get at the Sam Club bakery and prices.

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 11:49am
post #41 of 41

thanks for the info. want to bet how busy Juan is going to be now???????? He's going to need an assistant!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%