August Cookie Club Theme (The Real One) - Games

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 8:51pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 20

Hello fellow cookie makers!

I'm so sorry for the confusion... "Games" and "Back to school" seemed to have the most suppor tfor August 2007, so I picked "school," thinking it was timely... but, I didn't realize at the time that we had a "School" theme last September. SO......The August 2007 theme is games!!

Remember, anyone can participate! We love to have new people join in the cookie-making!!

Here are the cookie clubs guidelines":

* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your cookies and any techniques that you used, the type of cookie, etc..

* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). If you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme please no not use it for this cookie club theme. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing and produce something new.

* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or the cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). Even though there has been some discussion about this, and we tried eliminating this guideline for a couple of months, if we post to the gallery right away, it seems to lessen the flow of traffic to this thread. Therefore, we will return to each picture being new and not previously/currently uploaded to the Galleries.

* Please post pictures in this thread. Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per person in this thread for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one photo post. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you want to the galleries.

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme.

* Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes receives, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please suggest it again in the future!

* Sometimes the connection to the theme isnt obvious to other people. In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the cookies!!!!

Bonniebakes

19 replies
bonniebakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 20

Come on cookie makers!! Where are those games????

icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:27am
post #3 of 20

OMG i have had the craziest week. i have an order for 40 "16" 's, then a lady called me to get 90 cookies also for this weekend(10 different designs). then i get a call from one of my customers saying she ordered chocolate favors for her daughter's wedding and the lady cashed her check and is now nowhere to be found, could i please help her out. and guess when the wedding is....yep. this weekend. i have been baking and decorating nonstop.
i did laminate my designs for my game cookies, but that's as far as i got so far. don't tell me i'll be the first to post again?!?!?!

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:56am
post #4 of 20

Kneadacookie,
It is just that you are so GOOD....we LOVE to see your work!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

You inspire us! (Well, me anyway!!!)

Lish

kneadacookie Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 20

ok, i'm done with all my orders for the week!! i'll have to work on some tonight.
here in michigan it's woodward dream cruise weekend. we have about 3 million people just down the street with their old cars. since i still am not in a kitchen, all i see is crowds. now if i were legal and inspected, all i would see is dollar signs and a million(make that 3 million) cookies. oh, i can't wait til i'm legal!!!!!!!
so, in the meantime, i just try to stay off the roads. guess it's time to pull out the game boards!!

bonniebakes Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 20

I think I'm having a brain freeze! I can't think of anything to do for this theme!!!

Is everyone else having the same problem???

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:31pm
post #7 of 20

I haven't participated but love to watch these threads. Some things that come to mind are scrabble pieces. I thought I saw a cookie cutter that was shaped like a hand of cards....dice....I'm sure some of the kids games have characters...Candyland?? The monopoly character pieces...

kneadacookie Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 20

i've been offline for a while. i couldn't login or post pics. i'm back now. i have a bouquet to make tonight for a party tomorrow. i've already got my template cut out, so i'll be posting tomorrow(or really late tonight)
...the race is on!!just kidding! i'm late for everything!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:58pm
post #9 of 20

This is the saddest response ever!! WOW!!

Come on guys lets do it!!!!!!Oh the candy land would be cute.... rectangles with the color squares on them and little colored guys.....

How about bingo cards.....
Big scrabble tiles....
Monopoly $$$$...
Poker chips.....
Rummikube Tiles.....

kneadacookie Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 4:16am
post #10 of 20

oh, this is sad!!
where is everyone?!?!
maybe everyones trying to catch the last rays at the beach before school starts.
well, i can't believe it's the 25th and i'm the first to post.
boy the pressure's on now.
LL

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 20

OMG kneadacookie - AWESOME cookies. Not only do I love your cookies, but I love how you design them. They are always "different" from anyone else's. And that's a good different.

bonniebakes Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 8:10pm
post #12 of 20

kneadacookie - those are wonderful!!

Wait until you hear how stupid I was today! I've been doing cookies the past couple of days... for several different things (back to school, sea life, get well, birthday, etc.) I cut out some shapes for the games theme and baked them witah all the others. I spent several hours frosting cookies today, and then cleaned up my kitchen. I used almost all of the icing I had made and then cleaned up all my bags, tips, etc. and threw out the remaining colored icing (it was too little to save and I don't plan on making cookies again in the next week or two). Then, after I finished cleanign up my kitchen I realized that I didn't ( icon_cry.gif !!!) ice the game pieces!! Oh My goodness! I'm so mad at myslef! But I just can't see making a whole new batch of icing just to do 3 game pieces....

icon_redface.gif

kneadacookie Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:23am
post #13 of 20

bonnie...i know what you mean. my green cookies have a different color outlining because i didn't want to make a new kelly green.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:21pm
post #14 of 20

Kneadacookie those are awesome!!

I had no idea the theme changed. I've been out of town this month again due to a family emergency and still trying to get back into the swing of other things. I would love to try something this week if I can pull it off.

This was such a great theme, I hate to see it go to waste.

kneadacookie Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:41am
post #15 of 20

this is so sad. the month is almost over and you guys are stuck with me!!!
i wanted to see some cookies!!! lol

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:19am
post #16 of 20

I haven't decorated cookies for about 10 years. I decided to do some for my grandson's birthday, Saturday....I have to send them to Oregon. He wanted Dungeons & Dragons...but he wanted the cartoon ones. Since we don't have very many games submitted can we just call these a game.

Dungeons & Dragons
LL

kneadacookie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:29pm
post #17 of 20

yeah!!! those are very cool. what did you decorate with??

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:20pm
post #18 of 20

I am new to your cookie site but now that I got the juices flowing....I will be back. I love to decorate cookies, I somehow just got away from it for awhile.
I use a cookie icing recipe which I got from a cookie shop which went out of business. I like it a lot because it gets solid enough you can wrap or stack the cookies but yet it stays soft enough to eat. It uses egg white and shortening. The consistency is nice to work with and it tastes good. I pipe the details on but for the skin on these I thinned my icing down and let it flow in. The facial features I use a paint brush for (after the icing dries for about an hour.)
Next time I will try to follow your rules closer...I was just thinking ummmm Dungeons & Dragons..that is a game. Just not the ones I used. I just wanted to officially become a part of your cookie club. As you can see by my previous post, I finished these at 1:00 A.M. PDT. I started them at 7:00 P.M. It took me longer than I thought it would. Guess I am rusty.

kneadacookie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:08pm
post #19 of 20

no apologies necessary!! dungeons and dragons is a game. sometimes it's all just about how you perceive things. we're glad you could join. maybe one day you'll want to share your recipe. i don't think 6 hours is bad for those cookies. great job

bonniebakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:51pm
post #20 of 20

BCJean - those cookies are awesome!! I'm so glad you participated!! Dungeons and Dragons defintiely fits in with the theme!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%