How Do I Fill Cupcakes?

Decorating By CAKESHERWAY Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 4:03pm by auntiemcakes

CAKESHERWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESHERWAY Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 5

What tip do I use? Do I did out any of the cake first? How much goes in? Will it work if I use a strawberry filling instead of BC frosting?? Thanks sooo much!

4 replies
jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 5

I just did this for the first time this weekend, I just used one of my star tips shoved it in the top and squeezed! I could see the cupcake rising so I stopped so it didn't explode. Take a shot at one and you'll see what I mean!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

To fill cupcakes you will want tip 230. It's a long tip with a good size hole that is cut at an angle.But really I don't see why you couldn't use any tip, maybe tip 12. What I do is I insert it into the bottom (or top really does not matter) and wiggle it just a bit and start filling. You will be able to feel the cupcake expand in your hands and I keep going careful not to split the cake until it begins to back up out the hole I have insterted the tip in. Again you will be able to feel it expand but do this slowly so you don't end up with a blow out on the sides.
HTH icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 5

I've used lots of fillings, just mind what needs to be refridgerated. I use tip 32 with a disposable decorating bag, and fill in 2 or 3 places per cupcake. You can tell when to stop because the cupcake gets puffy. If you put in too much it will split...

auntiemcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiemcakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Amie! I just made white cupcakes with fresh strawberries and used an idea I remember seeing on a show on Food Network. I baked the cupcakes like normal, then when they cooled I took a small round cookie cutter (about 1.5" in diameter) and cut a small circle chunk from the top. I dug out a little bit of the cake beneath with a tiny spoon I have and then put the strawberries in that hole. I think it helped to have the strawberries cut up small. Then I put the little cake plug back in that I cut out. It sticks up a little bit but then when you decorate the top of the cupcake it gets hidden beneath the frosting. It worked fabulously and the cupcakes tasted great, very moist and a fun surprise. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%