I Knocked My Cake To The Floor

Decorating By TooMuchCake Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm by dbax

dbax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbax Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 9:31pm
post #31 of 33

my biggest fear is dropping a finished cake icon_surprised.gif

I am on my way to my sister-in-laws birthday with a pinata cake that weighs more than a horse and am a bit worried

I made a treasure chest cake once for our pastor and since it was for all church members is was a hefty cake. Before decorating, I pulled it out of the fridge, lost my balance and dropped all six layers, yes it was stupid of me to stack them all together, lessons learned. I winced, looked down and luckily I had left the dishwasher door open, which sits next to my fridge and the door caught my cake. I figured God was rescuing the cake for our pastor icon_smile.gif Anyway, I finished the cake brought it to the church for last minute embelishments and our womens ministry leader came over, thinking it was a real treasure chest, stuck her finger under the corner of the lid to open the chest and without hearing my cries to stop, tried to lift the lid, cracking the corner almost completely off the lid.... icon_cry.gif oh well.

Your puppy cake is adorable, good thing we cake bakers have faith and resourcefulness.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 10:32pm
post #32 of 33

Oh wow, she actually tried to open the lid!!!!! On the one hand, what a huge compliment that she thought the treasure chest was real. On the other hand, what a shame it got so close to being presented and someone stuck her finger in it. I hope you were able to fix it!

Deanna

dbax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbax Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm
post #33 of 33

Well, I'm not positive she thought it was a real chest, but maybe a functioning chest cake . . . . ?, and yes, a compliment indeed

the only way I was able to fix it was to fold back the corner and press the fondant as smooth as I could, I could see the crack, my husband could see the crack - but we both knew how much time went into it and what it looked like before 'the incident' lol... but everyone said it was okay so that was good enough for me

It's always a challenge to make the cake we see in our heads, rewarding when we do, a tragedy when we can't, but something we can't give up doing icon_smile.gif

diana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%