Fondant Question

Decorating By sweettreat Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 2:56pm by sweettreat

sweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 4

my problem is when i make a 2layer fondant cake and i remove the top layer the fondant stays on bottom of cake removed and bottom cake no longer has fondant where the top cake was sitting how do i stop that from happening

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 4

cut a piece of wax paper to sandwich between them then when you remove the top cake, just peel off the wax paper and you have perfectly unharmed fondant underneath.....also works well with buttercream.....my slot machine cake was assembled like that and as I pulled off layers of cake I peeled the wax paper and served up another layer...one by one, worked like a charm!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 4

cut a piece of wax paper to sandwich between them then when you remove the top cake, just peel off the wax paper and you have perfectly unharmed fondant underneath.....also works well with buttercream.....my slot machine cake was assembled like that and as I pulled off layers of cake I peeled the wax paper and served up another layer...one by one, worked like a charm!!!!

sweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the advice i will try it next week on my next cake thanks again sweettreat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%