30Th B-Day, Football Theme

Decorating By qtdbklyn Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 12:33am by bransmom

qtdbklyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtdbklyn Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 8

My husbands Big 3-0 is coming up and I am having a surprize football party at the house on a Sunday with all his buddies, beer, food and of course CAKE!!!

I would love to hear all of your ideas to incorporate the 30th b-day with the football/guy theme...

Thanks!

7 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 8

Hey! Well with all his "buddies" being there.. Do a cheerleader.. I'm doing a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader this weekend.. Can't wait.. If you need help on "how to make a female cake" let me know. I will explain the best that I can.. Good Luck.. Oh , the girl cake i'm making will be the front of the female and covering her up with the DC cheerleader outfit.. So it will look like she's wearing a bikini..

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

Hey! Well with all his "buddies" being there.. Do a cheerleader.. I'm doing a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader this weekend.. Can't wait.. If you need help on "how to make a female cake" let me know. I will explain the best that I can.. Good Luck.. Oh , the girl cake i'm making will be the front of the female and covering her up with the DC cheerleader outfit.. So it will look like she's wearing a bikini..

I can't wait to see this cake!!! My DH is a huge Dallas fan and I'm a huge DC fan....I know I know we should hate eachother....but we don't LOL

briansbaker Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 8

Ooohhh.. LOL I'm not all that great with giving correct names for these football teams.. I dont watch it.. When I said DC that was short for Dallas Cowboys..

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 8

I just did one this weekend, you can see it in my gallery.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 8

I did a cake recently for a man who turned 40. I put a football shaped cake on a green covered cake board and drew yardage lines down the board. The cake was laying on the 40 yard line and it said Floyd tackles the big 40. I made the team's logo and a terrible towel (Steelers fan) to add more detail to the cake (from fondant). The numbers were cut out of fondant with cookie cutters.

Nothing extravagant, but it could work with 30 as well.

Good luck!

-Michelle

briansbaker Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 8

Here is my Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!
LL

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 12:33am
post #8 of 8

briansbaker: That is awesome.....I love that cake, my husband is a huge Cowboys fan. Would you pm me your directions? I would like to surprise him with it. Thank you very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%