Flavors For Instant Pudding Mousse

Decorating By aviles2005 Updated 22 Feb 2013 , 8:29pm by AtomicBakes

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:25am
post #91 of 93

Wow - thanks to all for posting all the information on using puddings.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:57pm
post #92 of 93

I tried the mousse with jello. I made a mistake and used 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream. It didn't work with the jello so well. It tasted good though. Love all these ideas!

Camcat~can you use a larger tip if it is cupcakes you are filling? I have often used a larger opening tip, like a #32 and stick it down in the cupcake and fill. It works great too. I actually haven't tried my bismark tip yet icon_redface.gif

AtomicBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AtomicBakes Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 8:29pm
post #93 of 93

I recently used the pudding mousse in my son's birthday cake. I was making my version of Whole Food's Chantilly cake. I used 50% banana pudding and 50% cheesecake pudding. I made it as most everyone else, with 2 c. heavy cream per package of pudding. I used 3 batches to fill the cake. I found it to be very stable. The first batch I whipped just right and it was stable but still soft for spreading. The second (double) batch I whipped a bit longer and it made it almost too stiff. The flavor was very good. I would probably decrease the proportion of banana next time, but that is just because I wanted a faint hint of banana. I filled the cake and refrigerated it before carving/sculpting. It worked great and I will use it in the future. The best part was that the filled cake trimmings all mashed together made a great mixture to use as grass (with color added) to cover my board. It would make fantastic cake pops and not be too sweet. I will be trying it for cake pops next month on my step-daughter's baby shower. Oh, and I had the cake out of the fridge for hours decorating it and waiting to serve and it never lost any stability. It was still the very same texture upon cutting.White/vanilla almond cake filled with banana cheesecake filling and fresh berries. Crumb coated with the filling and decorated with modeling chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%