How Much For A 4 Tierd Mmf Wedding Cake Feeds 150

Decorating By siahsammi Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 1:47am by leah_s

siahsammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siahsammi Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 12

I GOT AN ORDER FOR A 4 TIRED MMF WEDDING CAKE IT HAS MMF SWAGS THE ROSES SHE IS GOING TO HAVE THE FLORIST PUT THEM.I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TO CHARGE?
LL

11 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 12

The general rule of thumb is a price per serving plus whatever charges you want to add for fondant or other special decors.

My a la carte is $2.50 x 150 servings = $375 base price.

kpargola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpargola Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 12

I have not made a cake like that before but I know my wedding cake was 4 tiers buttercream and a simple designe and it was $300 to serve a 125 people. The cake is beautiful. You should charge a lot. I've seen for MMF about $3.50 - $4.00 per serving. That is around $600. Also what kind of cake and fillings? Account for that too. Are you putting fresh flowers? Add more if that is your expense. I didnt have to pay the baker for the flowers because my florist added them. Food for thought. Hope it helps.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 12

I would say $3 a slice at $450, Pretty cake!

siahsammi Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 12

thank you for helping me out. keep them coming i really do appreciate all of your help.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 12

I'd charge $400 plus delivery and set-up and cutting if they want it. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 12

My fondant price is $3.50 times 150 servings = $525 + $20 equipment fee + up to $50 delivery. Also the florist would provide the fowers, but I would put them on. No one touches my cake but me. And the florist has to prepare the flowers to my specifications. Bare stems are not going into the cake.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:01am
post #8 of 12

I have done almost that exact cake. I charged $3.25/serving last year, but at my new prices it would be $4.00/serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

My fondant price is $3.50 times 150 servings = $525 + $20 equipment fee + up to $50 delivery. Also the florist would provide the fowers, but I would put them on. No one touches my cake but me. And the florist has to prepare the flowers to my specifications. Bare stems are not going into the cake.

I'm intrigued. How do you ask them to prepare the flowers?

leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:11am
post #9 of 12

Oh I really didn't mean to be mysterious. Here's the language from my contract--and brides have to initial this clause.

Flowers: If you are using fresh flowers on your cake the florist is responsible for providing the flowers and making sure that the flowers and foliage are safe to place on a cake. Some flowers and foliage are not food safe due to the variety, chemicals used in growing the flowers or foliage and the chemicals used to preserve the flowers and foliage. It is your responsibility to select wisely with the assistance of your florist. I prefer to place the cascades, drifts of petals, cake corsages or small bouquets of fresh flowers on the cake. Please check with your florist to make sure this is acceptable to him/her. If there is an arrangement of flowers that goes on the top tier as an ornament, your florist needs to assemble it. If you have chosen a design with a tier of flowers in between the tiers of cake, please advise your florist that placement of those flowers will be his/her responsibility.

If your florist provides loose flowers for the cake with unwrapped stems, I will not insert them into the cake. If your florist places unwrapped stems into the cake, I will advise your caterer/facility that that tier of the cake is no longer safe to eat.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:22am
post #10 of 12

leahs, I really like that. Do you mind if I use it and tweak it a little?

siahsammi Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:44am
post #11 of 12

THAT IS A GOOD TIP. I THANK U LEAH SO MUCH. I WILL LET THEM KNOW. PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING THE WEDDING IS FOR OCTOBER 2007. THANK U!

leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:47am
post #12 of 12

Oh sure, tweak away. I got it from someone else anyway and altered it for my contract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%