Sps System....what Do I Need?

Decorating By hsmomma Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm by KakesandKids

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 3

I'm getting ready to place my first order for the sps system.
This is what I am doing....
Stacking a 18" dummy, 16" dummy, 14", 12", 10", 8" and 6".
Normally I would dowel the entire thing but, the sps system intrigued me. So, what exactly do I need to order to make it work.
I was thinking the 18"-6" plates. Then do I want the Multi peice columns or the original scored columns. And how do they come, it says 12 peices. Does that mean 12 actual pillars? How many packages do I need? I'm just not sure about this system. Though it sounds like it would work really well. I may still dowel the cake though as it is large.
Any help would be great. I really need to order these soon because the cake is due in 2 weeks! TIA

2 replies
hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3

Sorry to bump myself...anyone?

KakesandKids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesandKids Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 3

18 inch cake will go on your cake drum or plate....so u need 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6 inch plates....on the SPS you put the cake on the plates that are the same size as the cake. I lik the scored columns because I can cut them to the size I need in case they don't come out just the exact size every time. Also if you want them to stack better, remove the little round things that are on the legs of the plate; this will help the plate lay more snug on the cake below.

The scored columns come in a pack of 12 and they are close to a foot long each I think. You can use them for more than 1 dowel each. I can cut 2 from 1 dowel since my cakes are pretty tall.

I only use the SPS. I love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%