Help With Anniversary Cake

Decorating By andi28 Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 12:39pm by grama_j

andi28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andi28 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:35am
post #1 of 10

My grandparents are having there 64th anniversary next weekend. I really need some ideas for a cake, something simple, no sheet cake please they are hard for me to frost......lol. I have looked at some pictures but nothing jumps out at me. Can someone please help me out with this one. It should be special because my grandpa is really sick and it might be his last.

Thanks,
Andi

9 replies
andi28 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:32am
post #2 of 10

someone please help me out, ill give myself a bump

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 5:40am
post #3 of 10

Trying to think of something you wouldn't have to have perfectly smooth...hmmm...what about using the pirouette cookies around a round cake and tying w/a pretty satin ribbon? If you search "pirouette" in the galleries there are many ideas and I have one called "chocolate heaven" on my website under the "Other Special Occasions" link. Pepperidge Farms brand are at most groceries, but are expensive. Try Aldi's or Walgreens for a cheaper (but still yummy) brand.

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:35am
post #4 of 10

Is there any chance you can do minuture replica of their wedding cake?

Or if they both love gardening, you could do a miniture garden bed with figures of them in it.

Wish I had a better idea what they liked????

3tiers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3tiers Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:55am
post #5 of 10

Here is a cake I did for an anniversary. This design with the scrollwork and roses is well liked by many of my customers. There is a sheet cake in my photos that uses the same design. I love the scroll work because it can hide a multitude of sins in your icing! Hope this helps.
LL

andi28 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 10

thank you all for you're help!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone had some great ideas.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 10

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=835143

Here is another idea, and with the roses covering the top.....no need to have it perfectly smoothed!

andi28 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:33am
post #8 of 10

mommyedzards.......i have that cake in my favorites, and i was really thinking about doing it. thank you for the pictures again. how many roses do you think it would take to do this cake.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:51am
post #9 of 10

oh gosh, I don't know how many roses....and of course it will depend on what size you make. I use the roses on a stick method
http://www.cakecentral.com/article50-Making-Buttercream-Roses-on-a-Stick.html
and I just stick them on straight from the stick and then onto the cake filling in as I go.
Hope that helps!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 10

How about a take off on Paul McCartny's song....... " When I'm sixty four" ? You could change the words around to match the anniversary.....

" Song: "When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now,/Will you still be sending me a Valentine,/birthday greetings, bottle of wine?/If I'd been out 'till quarter to three,/would you lock the door?/Will you still need me, will you still feed me,/When I'm sixty-four?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%