She's Obsessed......

Decorating By mbelgard Updated 30 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm by kaste28

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 10

with twizzlers. icon_mad.gif My MIL that is. I don't care what I tell her I'm making she is always telling me that instead of using something else I should use a twizzler, the really weird thing is that she doesn't even like them.
A couple months ago I was going to make a bulldozer, she asked me what I was going to do for different things and after I told her that the tracks would be MMF she told me to make them from twizzlers, I'll confess that I'm still a little unsure of how I was supposed to use them for anything but the tread on the tracks.
Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to try the modeling chocolate to make the wand for my son's Harry Potter birthday and she thought I should stick a skewer in a twizzler instead. Then I said that if the wand worked I was going to make a spider out of that and she goes "what are you going to use for the legs? Twizzlers?" I told her that if I was going to make a spider out of something like that I would make the legs from the same stuff, if the spider was out of cake I might use them.
These are just a couple examples of "wonderful" ideas the woman has given me about how to use twizzlers. I know they can work for some things but this is driving me up the wall.

9 replies
peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 10

LOL....maybe she owns stock in the Twizzler company. icon_smile.gif

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 10

LOL! You poor thing. Next time you're talking to her about what you're doing on a cake, just go ahead and tell her before she asks "Pretty much everything is gonna be twizzlers!
That way she think she finally turned ya into a Twizzler freak! icon_smile.gif

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 10

It sounds like she's just trying to help.

Why don't you let her help you out with the twizzler thing once?? Maybe make it on a project where twizzlers wouldn't be the best idea.

Atleast then she could see for herself that they're not always the best choice, but also be appreciated for trying to help.

Don't get mad.......think of others, like me, who don't have a mil. LOL!(she passed before we married, but still.............)

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 10

you should surprise her and make her a cake decorated like a twizzler..lol

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 10

LOLOLOL!!
i don't mean to laugh but your post was cracking me up. your MIL is really obsessed with twizzlers!
that would drive me nuts too. whatever you do, resist the temptation to beat her over the head with a twizzler... although, it may knock some sense into her.
icon_lol.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds like maybe your MIL has subscriptions to Family Circle and Woman's Day for way too long--or else she's their "secret weapon cake decorator" and just hasn't fessed up yet icon_cool.gif

Rae

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 10

OK, let me in on the secret - what's a 'twizzler'?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

OK, let me in on the secret - what's a 'twizzler'?

It's candy that comes in licorace (sp?), strawberry and cherry. The kind my MIL is talking about is about 6-7" long with spiral ridges. If you do a search on spiders you'll see them as legs.

And there is no way she's the decorator for any of those magazines, my husband was lucky to get the candy layons from the grocery store. icon_lol.gif

kaste28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaste28 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm
post #10 of 10

I don't know which is funnier, the MIL or everyone's great ideas on how to handle her! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%