I Posted The Frozen Cake

Decorating By sweetbaker Updated 1 Oct 2006 , 3:40am by cupcake

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 7

Last week I posted about making a Dora cake and cupcakes but I mixed up the date-finished cake on 9/21 but party wasn't until today 9/30. icon_cry.gif I also messed up the fbct made for the cake by using too thin of a consistency of 1/2 butter/1/2 shortening but it's not too bad. Slight problem with front border, slightly crooked. Anyway, I froze the cake and some of the cupcakes. I didn't have room in freezer for remaining cupcakes so family ate the rest. I made more cupcakes and decorated on 9/28, the ones iced with the choc bc and mini fbct. I took cake out of freezer Thursday night and put in fridge. Yesterday morning, I removed the freezer paper and saw that the cake had some condensation icon_cry.gif . I took it to my mom's (it's for her coworker's DD) and used paper towel to soak up as much as I could. It wasn't too bad and I did the best I could with limited time. I emailed the lady and explained how to take care of cake and to let me know the GOOD and BAD next week. She responded and said cake was beautiful and that she will give me feedback. I've frozen a cake before but it didn't have filling (I filled the cupcakes and cake with choc bc-all butter bc) so I'm sure it will be ok but I'll keep my fingers crossed cause you never know.
LL

6 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 7

..your pic should be there now! icon_wink.gif You did an excellent job!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Missey.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 7

fYI - next time, I wouldn't try to soak up the condensation . . . if you just leave it alone, it will dry eventually with no damage to the cake - bright or very dark colors might run, but I haven't ever really had any trouble.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 7

..you are certanly welcome!!

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:19am
post #6 of 7

the FBCT looks really good...i have tried to do that once but it didnt come out perfectly smooth and i had to use corn starch to smooth the lines where i filled it on.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:40am
post #7 of 7

It looks like everything turned out well. You did a nice job on your FBCT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%