How I Did My First Tasting! Thanks To Cc Members

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 4 Aug 2007 , 7:18pm by Elizabeth19

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 9

I had a bride contact me for a tasting of my cakes. She was interested in German Chocolate with Chocolate icing and french vanilla. She has a hectic schedule so i offered to drop them off to her. Let her taste (i thought this would make her more comfortable since I was not there-no pressure) Well i was not sure how i would package it to look its best with out giving a whole cake. So i did a search on cc and got alot of info. Here is what i did

I baked a 9" round of each flavor. Filled, sliced, took 1 slice from each cake and wrapped and froze the rest. I then iced the cake slice with a star tip and placed the slice in a pretty box (from the dollar store)and a plain white gift bag. I am pleased with the presentation. I will drop off to her today. Wish me luck.
I have attached pics of the final presentation. Hope this helps anyone else who needs info.
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 9

Wow, great presentation, to know that you go into that much detail for a tasting will make her quite confident that you will do great on the whole cake! Awesome! thumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 9

What a wonderful idea. thanks for sharing and the tip decorating is a perfect touch. thumbs_up.gif

kiki36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki36 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the pictures. I hope you get the job. That was a great idea. CC help out a lot. icon_smile.gif

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

Looks beautiful. If I were the Bride, I would definitely be impressed. Good luck and let us know what happens!

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 9

SweetCenterpieces,

I think you did a great job at presenting your samples. They are especially professional and well put together (dollor stores are awesome thumbs_up.gif ). By the way, which tip did you use?

MissJ

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJ

SweetCenterpieces,

I think you did a great job at presenting your samples. They are especially professional and well put together (dollor stores are awesome thumbs_up.gif ). By the way, which tip did you use?

MissJ

I used the star tip and did kind of a shell border all over.

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 9

Just wanted to update you all. I dropped off the samples yesterday and she booked today!!!! I am soooo excited. My first wedding cake.

Thanks to you all!!

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:18pm
post #9 of 9

Congratulations!!! icon_biggrin.gif That is so exciting when you book your first, Im sure it will be one of many more to come (get ready!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%