Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Decorating By adawndria Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 4:27am by chqtpi

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

Hey There!

I have a friend who had strawberry lemonade cupcakesvat a bridal shower. I'd like to make some. I've thought of taking a lemon cake and adding some chopped frozen strawberries and lemonade concentrate (maybe strawberry lemonade concentrate if I can find it) as subsitute for the water. I usually use the pudding/extra egg/double oil enchancer. If I wanted to sub strawberry jello for more strawberry taste, should I leave out the pudding? I'll probably make a cream cheese icing with a little lemon juice for tartness/taste. Any done this? Ideas or recipes? Thanks!

God Bless!

5 replies
HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #2 of 6

Definitely don't use both pudding and jello in the cake. It would mess it up.

I have a lemon cream cheese filling recipe that I created:

Lemon Cream Cheese Filling

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon extract
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 TBS cold water
2 TBS boiling water

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on low speed until very smooth. Add lemon juice, zest and extract. Put 1 TBS cold water in a cup and sprinkle the gelatin over to soften for 1 minute. Add 2 TBS boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin completely. Set aside to cool slightly. Whip heavy cream until fairly stiff. Beat in gelatin mixture until combined. Fold cream into cream cheese mixture. Chill.

This is soooo good with strawberry cake!

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:24am
post #3 of 6

I made cherry lemonade very much like that. I did use jello instead of pudidng. Leave the pudding out if you use jello. I used chopped cherries and a bit of cherry juice - so the chopped strawberries would be good. Be sure they are drained well, or puree them and use them as your liquid. I also used lemon zest and LorAnn lemon oil for extra lemon flavor (could use lemon extract or just extra lemon juice). The cherry lemonade turned out well. I started with a white mix, so the flavors would come through better. Oh, and I wouldn't double the oil if you use jello - that might be a bit too heavy and make it fall.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:45am
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much! You two were very helpful! That filling sounds tasty, and I think I may go with cherry instead of strawberry...I'm a big cherry fan! Thanks for the "no jello" tip too! I've put both in a mix before, and now I know why it wasn't so good! icon_smile.gif

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:10am
post #5 of 6

Strawberry jello and mashed strawberries do make a good strawberry cake. I would go for that instead of adding pudding.

The cherry sounds good, too.

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:27am
post #6 of 6

There is also a Strawberry Lemonade recipe in the Recipe SEction on here..they are REALLY yummy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%