Calling All Young Cake Decorators!

Decorating By Daisys_Cakes Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 10:56pm by DecoratorJen

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 10:45pm
post #31 of 37

I am 25 but started decorating consistenly when I was 20. I did a few cakes when I was 8-10 with my aunt but then I got into baking more (even highly considered going to school for pastry arts) ended up getting back into decorating and love every minute of it. I also love to bake still thought (although I never feel like baking and decorating when I need to for orders)

It is good to see people starting so young. I know that Dandelion and Ferretdeprived are also high school age, I think one is 16 and one is 17/18 (Oh please correct me if I am wrong) But both very tallented also.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:15am
post #32 of 37

i'm 16!

joined cc 2 years ago. started decorating a bit before that.

i love it it's so much fun!

i'm currently in the middle of a semi-big project, so i'll post pics when that's done.

i guess by young you caught mostly ladies in their twenties! it's amazing to see such a wide variety of people here on cc.

SugarAches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarAches Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 8:47pm
post #33 of 37

I just turned 19. icon_smile.gif I've only been decorating about a year, but I absolutely love it, and I'll be doing a pastry course at culinary school early next year!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:57pm
post #34 of 37

Deborah,
I'm not your age, but I think it's great that you are interested in cake decorating and are so focused at your age. I know that there is a 16 year old guy and a girl that is around your age, but I can't remember their user names. I don't know why they haven't responded yet because they are usually quite active on here. Anyway, welcome to the site, you're gonna love it here. Keep up the good work.
By the way, I love your signature. icon_wink.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:06pm
post #35 of 37

well I'm going to be 22 next sunday...so I'm not around your age but I have decorated on and off (with my mom) as a kid.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 8:26pm
post #36 of 37

Just thought I would post again to get it back on the home page and see if I get more responces. icon_biggrin.gif

Deborah

DecoratorJen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratorJen Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:56pm
post #37 of 37

My daughter is 9 and has started tying to actually decorate properly (with a bag of icing and tips instead of just adding sprinkles!) She hasn't thought of her own username yet but is working on one. She loves CC almost as much as I do! Happy Decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%