Help I Need To Find Americolor Fast!

Decorating By famousamous Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 8:14pm by famousamous

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 10

Im making a baby shower cake for a family friend and I need to find Americolor icing colors in my area. Im waaay to nervous to order online and wait for shipping...

PLEASE does anyone know where I can buy some in the Houston/ Sugar Land area in Tx??? I can only find Wilton at Michaels and Garden Ridge....

This cake means alot to my family and I. My MIL passed away a week ago after a long stay in the hospital and a cousin of my Hubby was there every day, to support the family. She canceled her baby shower! Bless her heart! So now we are going to throw her a surprise baby shower. I want everything to be perfect.

9 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 10

Unless you have a cake supply store in the area you will have to order them. You won't find them at th chain craft stores.

Maybe someone from the area can let you know if there is a cake store near buy, or you can take a trip to Austin.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 10

You can call Americolor and ask them who supplies their products locally...

famousamous Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks. I know there are cake supply stores around I just have no clue where they are. lol I usually do all my cake supply shopping online.

I will call Americolor, I dont know why I didnt think of that! Jeeze I need to calm down a little haha.

Thank you!

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 10

If you can't find anything locally, do you have time to order and have it shipped overnight?

famousamous Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 10

^That would be my last resort. I will update the thread on what I find.

victorianne_sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victorianne_sweets Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleKitten

You can call and ask them who supplies their products locally...

Do you ahve their phone number? I tried finding their website, but all I kept coming up with were different distributors. I am hoping to become a local distributor myself, if I can find the right info I need...

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

famousamous Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 10

Yes, the number is 1800-556-0233, VERY helpfull and kind! They gave me several shops to call, I found exactly what I was looking for!

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:54pm
post #9 of 10

I see that you already found what you were looking for. I didn't see this post until now. did they give you make a cake? That seems to be the closest to you.

famousamous Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 10

Yes thats the one they gave me. I called them and they gave me a closer one "Cake Craft Shoppe" on Hwy 6 in Sugarland...thats like 30 mins from me! I must have drove past it a million times and never knew it was there!

Thank you all for your help. Nice people make the world go round!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%